How do you mount a videocam on the tank?

FinnBusa

Registered
I've been thinking about getting one of those new, small MiniDV videocams from Sony or some other manufacturer. How do you mount a videocam on the Busa? Is it a do-it-yourself thing all the way or are there some kinds of stands or brackets available for different cameras? I imagine the camera has to be mounted pretty tightly or the pics/videos will be too shaky to watch.

Also, are there certain camera models that are especially well suited for this kind of use?

If anyone has pics of a videocam installation, I'd love to see them!

Oh, my Busa videos wouldn't probably be very adrenalin-packed since I'm still taking it pretty easy. You'd fall asleep looking at them and pondering if Finnbusa is actually moving at all or not...
tounge.gif

Your welcome............I think you'll find this site is full of information for the Busa enthusiast and everyone here is friendly/helpfull.

Your welcome............I think you'll find this site is full of information for the Busa enthusiast and everyone here is friendly/helpfull.

Oh yes indeed. I've been a forum member for only about a month but I've already learned so much about the Busa with the help of you guys!

I'm now looking at the camera mount found in the GPtech catalog. It has suction cups. Are they reliable and vibrant-free enough or should the mount rather be a strap-on/bolt-on construction? I'd hate to have the camera/mount combo hit my visor at 100 mph...

Back