How do you lock it...?

BigBoreBastard

Registered
My lovely fiance has decided that I deserve an 06 Busa... it's sitting at the dealership waiting for me to go get.

I was wondering what type or brand of lock you all are using to secure your bikes when parked in public. Since there are a few models and makes I just wanted to ask...

Thanks for the adivce and as I have read... I'll post pics as a new Busa owner when I pick her up...

Scorpio Alarm and a big arse German Shepperd
wink.gif

Might want to check the RoadLok! Best lock I've seen -- lots of info here, besides, they are a sponsor! BTW -welcome!

Disc locks are nice until you forget to take it off and believe me I've seen it happen more then once I use Chatterbox alarm and a 45 . And always I mean always try to park where i can see it most of the time . If they want it they are going to get it . But if you keep an eye on it every few minutes you have better chance of stopping it before it starts..And welcome and don't forget to posts pics when you get it....
guns.gif

<!--EDIT|BusaSamurai
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156118015 -->

Welcome and congrats!!

You have some good advice here.

I cant afford an alarm so I keep an eye on my bike at all times.

There are some good locks out there, RoaLoK on the board being the best in my eyes.

Scorpio would be first. The RoadLok seems like a good one to have also, but haven't given it a try yet. If not that, then at least a Disc lock.

Scorpio would be first.  The RoadLok seems like a good one to have also, but haven't given it a try yet.  If not that, then at least a Disc lock.
I am saving up for one (a RoadLok) as we speak... I think it is the best lock out there right now.

Scorpio would be first.  The RoadLok seems like a good one to have also, but haven't given it a try yet.  If not that, then at least a Disc lock.
I am saving up for one (a RoadLok) as we speak... I think it is the best lock out there right now.
I don't really have too many concerns about security, though you can never be too safe. I just ordered the Gilles chain adjusters, so I'm curious how the RoadLok will work with it?

I don't really have too many concerns about security, though you can never be too safe.  I just ordered the Gilles chain adjusters, so I'm curious how the RoadLok will work with it?
Yeah, I am wondering that as well. I am currently saving for two mods - the RoadLok and the Gilles adjusters. I will get the lock first and see if it has any negative effects!

I don't really have too many concerns about security, though you can never be too safe.  I just ordered the Gilles chain adjusters, so I'm curious how the RoadLok will work with it?
Yeah, I am wondering that as well.  I am currently saving for two mods - the RoadLok and the Gilles adjusters.  I will get the lock first and see if it has any negative effects!
Guess we're kind of jacking the thread, but I've got the chain adjusters on the way. Gotta get the cooling fixed on Midnight or I might get the RoadLok to try out.

Roadloc looks like the best. While I don't have one (YET) I use a disk lock. Just remember to remove!!!

I just talked to my insurance agent today about Roadlok and Scorpion Alarm...mine said you could get a nice discount if you got both on your bike. So I plan on getting that for when I can't use my disk lock and my 3 pitbulls!

Has anyone put their Busa in the room. I've got to start looking for rooms with parking lot access.

using an alarm with diable and microwave perimeter sensor
if they got it without me hearing the alarm or noticing my pager going off -- i am seriously slacking

side note: I just recently took a trip and my g/f managed to set off the alarm -- scared the crap outta her

Back