How do you get your front end up?

Funny you should ask!

I took mine out for the first time today. Owned lots of Pre 95 carbuerated bike. Was fairly easy, shift from 1st to second, feather the clutch a little, roll the throttle slowly, enjoy!

The BUSA is a whole different beast though. I tried the foolproof method a few times with now luck, bike seemed to have a weird bog and it wouldnt go. I am GUESSING this is why folks use to ECU editor to remap some of the gears, as they come setup for 5th, someone please correct me if im wrong.

I figured since my bike is brand new, im gonna ride it a bunch more and get more used to it before i start trying wheelies again. The BUSA is WAYYY more powerful then anything ive ever owned/ridden, dont wanna loop it! :)

Curious on what others offer.

To work on it? There are a few different types of stands to use.
To ride wheelies? Heavy throttle in 1st or 2nd, you don't even need to pop the clutch unless you're stopped or you just want to do it that way. You can throttle up into a wheelie that you can literally ride for miles, as opposed to just a power wheelie that tachs out and drops the front. If you're trying to learn wheelies, take small steps.

Funny you should ask!

I took mine out for the first time today. Owned lots of Pre 95 carbuerated bike. Was fairly easy, shift from 1st to second, feather the clutch a little, roll the throttle slowly, enjoy!

The BUSA is a whole different beast though. I tried the foolproof method a few times with now luck, bike seemed to have a weird bog and it wouldnt go. I am GUESSING this is why folks use to ECU editor to remap some of the gears, as they come setup for 5th, someone please correct me if im wrong.

I figured since my bike is brand new, im gonna ride it a bunch more and get more used to it before i start trying wheelies again. The BUSA is WAYYY more powerful then anything ive ever owned/ridden, dont wanna loop it! :)

Curious on what others offer.

A TRE(timing retard eliminator) is what changes the maps to 5th gear, not something you want. The Ecu Editor on the other hand is awesome!
Wheelies on a stock Busa are a breeze, it'll go for miles effortlessly..really.
You can hard throttle it up with no clutch too and it'll stay up.
You're just not holdin your mouth right:poke::laugh: It'll come back to you.

I did my first wheelie after i got my exhaust and PC3, wasn't even trying to wheelie, just made an attempt to get out of some traffic that was catching up to me after I made a u-turn and up came the front, freaked me out! Haven't done one since... perhaps that's what the mode selector is good for, keeping the front wheel down!

To ride wheelies? Heavy throttle in 1st or 2nd, you don't even need to pop the clutch unless you're stopped or you just want to do it that way. You can throttle up into a wheelie that you can literally ride for miles, as opposed to just a power wheelie that tachs out and drops the front. If you're trying to learn wheelies, take small steps.

Listen to him...he certainly knows what he's talking about. It also helps a ton if you get your nuts off the tank and slide back on the seat...if you're sitting down that is.

The Busa requires no help folks ??? My stock '06 and my stock '08 with a pipe constantly tries to come up on my large azz. anywhere around 4K twist the wrist and that front wheel is going skyward. Not a wheelie man and I've read too many accounts of blown fork seals when the big girl comes down hard.

I've been debating on doing this...

Do you power or clutch?

I rarely do wheelies, but power is all that's needed. I let an R1-owner friend ride it and he was pulling wheelies all over the place. (He was frothing at the mouth with excitement afterwards, too.)

I pulled the wheel up once after a launch but only a couple inches. Never been a fan of Pullin wheelies myself, but love to watch the guys at the shows or in abandoned lots. Dislike seeing it in rush hour traffic though. Gluck with your venture but wear the gear.

I think my nuts are too close to the tank....tried it a few times but the tire breaks loose & when I glimpse the mirror I see smoke...she only came up on me once...I got scared that time...wasn't expecting it...but I'd like to have her under control

I think my nuts are too close to the tank....tried it a few times but the tire breaks loose & when I glimpse the mirror I see smoke...she only came up on me once...I got scared that time...wasn't expecting it...but I'd like to have her under control

Yes, it sounds like you're sitting to far forward.

Ok...so I move my nuts back off the tank ...keep the front wheel straight....cover the rear brake....what's the rpm range?

actually did one this weekend:cheerleader: i was going about 70mph, dropped her down into 1st gear and hit it. wasn't trying to pull the front end up, but there she went.:thumbsup: what a thrill.

Back