how do you get over

I drink and smoke and that always helped me survive them NOT leaving!
Might be worth a shot....

Reminds me of an old proverb of sorts:

If you love something set it free
If it comes back, its yours
If it does not come back, hunt it down and kill it...

Buck up dude, go watch Predator and take a long ride.... you'll be fine!

Last edited:
I drink and smoke and that always helped me survive them NOT leaving!
Might be worth a shot....

Reminds me of an old proverb of sorts:

If you love something set it free
If it comes back, its yours
If it does not come back, hunt it down and kill it...

Buck up dude, go watch Predator and take a long ride.... you'll be fine!

But, But....you DO have a DUCATI :whistle:

I feel your pain brother. I ended a marriage of 23 years because of her cheating. I thought I would never get over it. I tried to make it work for the kids, but you know what, if she lied and cheated on you once, she would do it again if you were still with her. I found a wonderful lady who respects me, and treats me like a king. We have been married for 13 years now. You are a good person, and you will find someone who will love you back and be true to you. Hang in there bud.

Finding out always hurts bud, keep your head up better days, they're on the way. Focus on you for a little while improve your life with the extra time you may have now. Think if it as investing in your future, you wanna be prepared when the right one comes along. :bowdown:

Like others have said, its not how you ended up on the ground its how your gonna pick yourself and move on from here. :beerchug: Best of luck to you!

One thing I have always tried to do with past relationships is to learn from them. We all make mistakes. We can all improve on what we do. What she did is unforgiveble in my opinion. However, when the next lady to enter your life has you in mind, and you apply those lessons learned, oh such sweet bliss it will be. I can speak from experience. Keep your head up brother, better days are ahead.

Blows for sure. Remember that when the snow melts up there, you've got an empty seat on the Busa. And what good looking woman hates motorcycles?

On a side note, watch Strange Brew. I love that movie.

Sounds like the perfect opportunity to go get knee deep in some strange!! If that don't put a smile back on your face then you're a Baaaaaaahhhhhh!. :poke:

Seriously though, move on. The longer you sit around moping about what you had, the longer it’s gonna take to get back into the game and find Miss Right.

When I went through this a few years ago, I reacted by having a nice rebound fling with her best friend followed by a steady diet of strippers and cocktail waitresses. I may not have taken the high road, but i didn't spend too many nights thinking about how "what was her name?" broke my heart.
Posted via Mobile Device

Been there done that, moved back to my home state and divorced her. I PROMISE you this is not the end, and you dont need to start drinking and smoking. Do NOT let her play head games with you, "I am sorry, I really love you, lets try again". Once a cheater, always a cheater. Cut her loose and never look back. There is a woman out there for you, but you cant go looking for her. Be patient, work on yourself and get your head straight. When the time is right, she will find you. I know all of this sound like a load of bull, but we are telling you straight brother.

James you worded that perfectly.

Dude! Bottom line is if cheated on why would u want to be with her anyway? I'm sure u deserve better. Maybe the next guy she's with will do her the same way she did u. Just chalk it up as a lesson learned and move on.

Man, there is no pain worse than psychological pain...People cheat for several reasons...some are just stupid shallow people...and others are in a relationship and are starving. It doesn't matter that you are great provider, an honest human being, intelligent, caring...blah blah blah...but the other party is needing something that you just can't provide for them and they are starving for it. It is probably not the best thing to think to badly of the other person or to think of yourself as a loser...In reality, if you are into that sort of thing, it is best to think of it as the pieces just didn't fit correctly. There may have been parts of the relationship that were just great...and I am betting there were parts of the relationship that weren't so great that you haven't mentioned.. Are you the kind of guy that wants to sit crying in your beer? Or are the kind of guy that wants to be proactive in life and make yourself into an even better person than you are now? One of the many books I read was Thomas Moore's book called "Care of the Soul"...it is well worth the 10 dollars on flee-bay. As you age and go through relationships you will learn more about what works for you and doesn't work for you...what issues you possess and need to work on for years until they becomes strengths instead of weaknesses...Read...read...read....work out...work out...be selective in whom you date...a good woman is worth everything ...and as I told my first wife...I would've paid anything to get away from you"...So, it really is your choice isn't it...growth through work on self or wallow in tears and disintegrate...Personally...I see nothing wrong with shedding some tears when I am in pain...but then I buck up, pick myself up, dust myself off...and get right back up on the horse and away I go...good luck 2hip

Dont take this the wrong way but why are you crying over a cheatin' ho !

I know that may be cold a bit and you still have feeling but she aint worth a single tear in my book.
You are not stuck on an island are you ? She was not the last or most beautiful was she ?
You got the best piece of her and now move on...:laugh:
Leave her in the gutter where she belongs.
Go to service this Sunday, dress nice, smile and you will be amazed.

FUGGETABOUTHER.......move on...take a vac to SoFla I will introduce you to una buena latina.

:thumbsup:

ps......least you werent married then divorced now Busaless cuz she took it in the settlement...Then I may advocate use of Alcohol, Drugs and violence or a combo of any of those 3....:rofl:

Look at it this way:

You just got rid of a Harley, the next one will be a Hayabusa.:laugh:

Back