How do you check a VIN?

Cobra Steve

Registered
I looked at Carfax, but they said they don't run motorcycle VIN numbers. Anyone have any ideas? Also, is there any other ways I should protect myself when buying a used bike that I won't see untill I get it? It will be shipped. Thanks for any help

I looked at Carfax, but they said they don't run motorcycle VIN numbers.  Anyone have any ideas?  Also, is there any other ways I should protect myself when buying a used bike that I won't see untill I get it?  It will be shipped.  Thanks for any help
i had the same exact question when i bought my 99 a few months ago, i called american suzuki @ (714) 572-1490. However, they deal mostly with recall issues. you might also go to DMV, if you are concern about it's history i.e., salvage title, etc. good luck!

NEVER EVER EVER buy a used bike unseen !!!! you must always looks at it and hear it run look the bike over ask questions over and over to see if the owner will lie to your face, but never buy a bike from a person you do not know and is having the bike shipped ! as far as vin check dmv will charge you to do it but you will need make model year vin and state it is titled to . good luck
beerchug.gif

Back