How do you carry your gun while riding?

At 5 o’clock with an iwb holster just like I always do. I always carry on my bike since it’s my standard mode of transportation from about April-November. I haven’t had any issues so far. I was nervous when I first made the decision to start carrying on the bike but that went away over time. I don’t even think twice about it any more.

Also, I think some of you are reading way too into the original question, in thinking that a person is going to shoot someone while riding on the Busa. My thought process is not that I’m going to have to use the gun while on my bike but maybe when I’m at the gas station or some store or restaurant. Transitional spaces are usually when you will need your weapon, so you shouldn’t ever carry off your body unless you HAVE to. If you need your gun, you don’t want to be fumbling with the zipper and digging through your bag. You want to draw and get to work ASAP.

I carry 24/7 everywhere all the time. I have had to pull it while on the bike while riding. It wasn’t too hard. Flipped it into neutral, drew and used my back brake to slow. Without going into it too much, I didn’t have to fire and the person was arrested.

I drew once fron tank bag on Zrx going from Eureka springs Arkansas to a smokey mountain rally. 4 of us on Zrx's tooling along when a funny guy in a red Pontiac grand am thought weaving, and trying to run the group off the road was funny. I was sweep, and being ambidextrous pays off. I was able to stay on throttle incase and point. No shots fired as he quickly decided to stop.
Our group did nothing to warrant his actions.
Today the J frame. 357 rides in tank bag.
The above was a 1911 in. 45 :)

I have a CCW and in the winter carry a glock model 21 (45 auto) and in the summer I carry a S&W 308. Sometimes a 38SPL.

I never had to pull my gun on anyone. I did have a couple pointed at me.

Next month you no longer need a permit in KY to conceal carry.

Reactions: c10
Im left handed, so carry at 8 o’clock position in a N82 IWB holster that is extremely comfortable. Never had the need to reach for it and hope to keep it that way.

Either I have my Glock 19x with light attachment in a slim OWB holster on my right side or without a light attachment in an IWB holster on my right hip.

I drew once fron tank bag on Zrx going from Eureka springs Arkansas to a smokey mountain rally. 4 of us on Zrx's tooling along when a funny guy in a red Pontiac grand am thought weaving, and trying to run the group off the road was funny. I was sweep, and being ambidextrous pays off. I was able to stay on throttle incase and point. No shots fired as he quickly decided to stop.
Our group did nothing to warrant his actions.
Today the J frame. 357 rides in tank bag.
The above was a 1911 in. 45 :)
Lucky the driver didn't get either scared or enraged and try to run you over-lot's of weirdos out there and a bike is no match with a car in a pushing contest.

There is a huge political push to ban all handguns here in Canada...only the bad guys will be able to get them through illegal means if that rings true...

It is gaining quite a bit of traction and we have no 2nd amendment to protect us here.

Back