How do you carry your gun while riding?

drlucian

Registered
How do you carry your gun while riding? No double-entendre intended.
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|drlucian
Reason for Edit: None given...|1095803167 -->

Most people are right handed, and they always fire with their dominant hand (right hand), so how are you going to fire your weapon and maintain a constant speed on the Busa?

Do any of you ever pratice shooting with your weak side?
rock.gif
It could come in handy.

May want to think about a left handed shoulder holster to eliminate the need for cross drawing your weapon.
biggrin.gif

You are talking about shooting on the run...right?
tounge.gif

i mostly carry Inside the waste band on my right hip with my glock 27 or s&w .38 snubnose. Occassionally I carry my Keltec p32 weak side in a pocket holster. Depends on the weather and what gear I have on. Either way...I never leave home without it!

I was thinking of a jacket with a gun pocket as is available on some crusier-style jackets. Another alternative, gun in pocket holster and then in jacket or pants pocket. Inside the belt would be uncomfortable; regular belt holster would be too visible.

Here's another option...
smile.gif

ak.jpg

Shoulder holster or tank bag. Of course you can't shoot and drive at the same time, but if you are riding who can keep up? When stopped and off the bike is when it may be needed!
tounge.gif

Little iddy biddy Beretta .25 in the front pocket...If I ever have to use it if the bullet doesn't cause injury the lint will...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Most people are right handed, and they always fire with their dominant hand (right hand), so how are you going to fire your weapon and maintain a constant speed on the Busa?

Do any of you ever pratice shooting with your weak side?
rock.gif
 It could come in handy.

May want to think about a left handed shoulder holster to eliminate the need for cross drawing your weapon.
biggrin.gif

You are talking about shooting on the run...right?
tounge.gif
Based on the law here in Fla, I can't think of way you could get by with shooting someone in self-defense while riding a busa. You have to be in fear of death or great bodily harm and not have a way of escape. If you are riding the busa, you should have a way of escape. If you're not riding, you can use your right had to shoot the perp.
After I got my new jacket, (fits very snug) I was wondering how I would carry mine, the normal place will not work, I'm thinking of getting pants with big pockets on the sides for riding, good question, maybe someone can help me.

Might be on the grey side of legal here in Washington, but I prefer the tank bag for 2 reasons:
1. pretty accessible when on the bike (left handed).
2. I won't be nipple-surfing with 10 rounds of .45 between me and the pavement.

Side note: I think we should legally be able to shoot someone if they swerve into our lane and we have no escape route. I believe the constitutes attempted assault with a deadly weapon...
guns.gif

Ankle...used to carry IWB but gave me the willies when I thought about what would happen if I went down on top of the gun....

1- Colt .45 Stainless Compact worn in small-of-the-back positive retention leather holster.

2- Colt .45 Stainless Compact in leather "fanny pack" type holster worn at left front with break-away access.

Ammo: Federal 165 Gr. Hydra-Shok JHP  

Optional: Applegate/Fairbairn folding "flip" fighting knife worn in ankle strap.
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|WarBaby
Reason for Edit: None given...|1095847425 -->

1- Colt .45 Stainless Compact worn in small-of-the-back positive retention leather holster.

2- Colt .45 Stainless Compact in leather "fanny pack" type holster worn at left front with break-away access.

Ammo: Federal 165 Gr. Hydra-Shok JHP  

Optional: Applegate/Fairbairn folding "flip" fighting knife worn in ankle strap.
wink.gif
Ready for battle, ready for war...
evil.gif

Back