How do I safely turn off one drive on Winblows 10 ?

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
Don't want it.Don't want my stuff floating around in cyber space. Thing bugs me everyday...yer one drive is full..beep beep beep.
I want it gone but dont want to lose my stuff. Don't want other programs to go hay-wire.
The web is full of idea's,all different,some ways seem to have unwanted consequences.
Idea's tech guru's ?
Mucho Gracious Rubb.

If you have nothing stored in it, it's a fairly simple process to disable it on your PC.
We do it across our business as we don't want it, nor use it ...

I'll get the info and send thru to you

If you have nothing stored in it, it's a fairly simple process to disable it on your PC.
We do it across our business as we don't want it, nor use it ...

I'll get the info and send thru to you
Awesome me mate. Says its full. 1,197 sync issues...I believe its 5 gigs of my stuff. WTF are the sync issues... :banghead:
I only wear a size eleven but,I'm about to re-boot if you know what I mean.:fire: Rubb.

Ah, I can show you how to disable it on your computer, but dunno what will happen the whats stored on Onedrive.. Never used it, so not to sure.. And until you know you have a copy of everything that's on their, I wouldn't kill it just yet..

Ah, I can show you how to disable it on your computer, but dunno what will happen the whats stored on Onedrive.. Never used it, so not to sure.. And until you know you have a copy of everything that's on their, I wouldn't kill it just yet..
Everything that's on One Drive currently exists on my hard drive. No idea why O D made extra copies on its own. I did not even know I had O D till it showed up in my task bar saying it was full.
It's full alright,full O' krap. :laugh: [my music files and Hayabusa manuals]
I have a small but good enuff HD for me,250 GiGs. Plenty for what I do.How much p0rn does a bloke need anyway.:banana:
Rubb.

I would back up the files if they are important to you first. Not sure how you would survive if all of the Justin Bieber albums disappeared. We don’t need a suicidal rubb on here.

OneDrive is actually not bad to have. It stores your files on the cloud and creates backups so you don’t lose it. I recommend all people have a similar service. Maybe go through it and clean out whatever junk on there you do not need. I do prefer Google Drive to OneDrive as I feel it’s more user friendly. The instructions posted above will help remove it if needed though.

I would back up the files if they are important to you first. Not sure how you would survive if all of the Justin Bieber albums disappeared. We don’t need a suicidal rubb on here.

OneDrive is actually not bad to have. It stores your files on the cloud and creates backups so you don’t lose it. I recommend all people have a similar service. Maybe go through it and clean out whatever junk on there you do not need. I do prefer Google Drive to OneDrive as I feel it’s more user friendly. The instructions posted above will help remove it if needed though.
I keep all my personal stuff and back up things like favorites in one folder and I back that up to a Thumb drive. I also have two physical drives on my computer that I copy that data to.

I never felt comfortable keeping my personal data in the cloud.

I keep all my personal stuff and back up things like favorites in one folder and I back that up to a Thumb drive. I also have two physical drives on my computer that I copy that data to.

I never felt comfortable keeping my personal data in the cloud.
The only issue is that these external drives die all of the time. Flash drives are just flash memory and can only be written to so many times. No backup etc. you won’t believe how many hard drives I have thrown away at work. In fact, I replaced a 1 year old SSD yesterday lol

The only issue is that these external drives die all of the time. Flash drives are just flash memory and can only be written to so many times. No backup etc. you won’t believe how many hard drives I have thrown away at work. In fact, I replaced a 1 year old SSD yesterday lol
If one fails I have two others to draw my data from. Hopefully at work you have hot swap drives. My computer has one mechanical drive and one SSD and then the thumb drive.

Those two things ^ just sound right together. :laugh:
OK,thumb drive back-up for now...head ache gone.
Hi-tech solution down the road...most likely after thumb drive melts.:banghead:
Thank you gentlemen...take a twenty out of petty cash.
Rubb.

open regedit

Navigate to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows

Right-click the “Windows” Key and then select New > Key, name it OneDrive.

Within that OneDrive key, create a new DWORD entry DisableFileSyncNGSC and set its value to 1.

Or if you want it gone:

Open a cmd prompt elevated to administrator

Copy and paste this into the command screen for x64:

%SystemRoot%\SysWOW64\OneDriveSetup.exe /uninstall

If x86 the following:

%SystemRoot%\System32\OneDriveSetup.exe /uninstall

open regedit

Navigate to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows

Right-click the “Windows” Key and then select New > Key, name it OneDrive.

Within that OneDrive key, create a new DWORD entry DisableFileSyncNGSC and set its value to 1.

Or if you want it gone:

Open a cmd prompt elevated to administrator

Copy and paste this into the command screen for x64:

%SystemRoot%\SysWOW64\OneDriveSetup.exe /uninstall

If x86 the following:

%SystemRoot%\System32\OneDriveSetup.exe /uninstall

You, Viper=mad Skillz Me, Rubb=

'Nuff Said.
Rubb.

Back