How do I make my hayabusa rev higher than 10,800 without breaking or losing power?

specizripn

Registered
Ok, so I love high revving engines, and I've heard that people had hayabusas revving to 12,000+ rpms!?!? What kind of work would I need done to make my busa rev higher and make power higher without destroying my motor? Companies like Carpenter Racing offer packages (like their 290 hp package Carpenter Racing) that raise the rpm limit by a decent amount and even gaining power a little higher in the rpms. How do they do this? I will be purchasing a Hartley v8 (the famous hayabusa v8) and although 10,500 rpms on the motor is incredible, It would be even cooler to rev a little higher. <To help me with my formula 1 fantasies on track day :p> Also, how the hell does my friends track bike rev to 17,000 rpms? I would love some input on how easy this would be to do! Thanks!

Re: How do I make my hayabusa rev higher than 10,800 without breaking or losing power

I think its somewhere in the 400-600 range. I guess the smaller motor has less mass, which probably helps it rev higher but I thought 17k is a big range of revs, maybe I'm just uneducated IDk

Re: How do I make my hayabusa rev higher than 10,800 without breaking or losing power

do you plan to use your bike exclusively for the track/drag racing?

You can set the Rev limiter at 12K with ECU editor and probably be fine with it. It most likely won't be making a lot of power up there but the stock engine will turn that fast. The best solution to turn those kind of RPMS and make **** loads of power is to buy an s1000rr.

600 rev higher.

higher rpm does not = more powerful than a Hayabusa! :rulez:

hi guys,

i am new here on the forum, although i have been registered quite some time ago... anyways, I have had my ECU "flashed" by a guy called Len Marshall in South Africa - he does many of them, and my 2008 revs to 12500. my fan kicks in 5 degrees earlier, launch control built in, de-restricted etc and my mode switch converted to "quick shifter". i pre-load the gear leaver and without touching the clutch hit the mode switch, which causes a millisecond cut off and causes a smooth gear change at any revs, even at 12000 flat out dragging. i don't know all the links, but google "200mph club" and you will find some more details.

almost forgot: makes 8hp more on dyno after the changes... dyno - flash - dyno!!!!

Go out and buy a 600CC if you want 15+k revs.
Have you ever looked at a dyno chart for a hayabusa engine... 983,872,871,02 reason not to buy a used motorcycle.

You should read up on this forum and others similar to it and get a better understanding of what the busa I capable of. This may not be the bike for you :whistle:

You can do what you want with Carpenter racing or Powerhouse, but you will have to have deep pockets. Things start to get expensive very fast. You can EASILY put $8000 into a bike and still want more. You never get your money back when you sell it. So, keep an eye on your dollars as bikes like to eat them!

Back