How do i get this off

Don Hardcastle

Busa Ridin' Sailor (ret)
Donating Member
Registered
My new bike has a chrome tank pad on it. It has carbon cans and I play to accent in CF, so I need to know the best way to get the old one off, w/o screwing up the paint. Thanks in advance

Don

Heat it up a little with a heat gun and peel it off...
The residue will come off with Goo-Gone...

David

Yes, a hair dryer will work. Just enough heat to soften it up and peel the main part off. Then use Goo-Gone to get the glue and residue off. Then just clean, wax and polish the tank or the whole bike and then ride and repeat...
The cleaning and riding that is...

David

it must be old age...that or I'm gett'in even sicker...but people really need to check out how they word their thread titles.
tounge.gif

it must be old age...that or I'm gett'in even sicker...but people really need to check out how they word their thread titles.
tounge.gif
I thought the same but was trying to be nice.
My first thought was ask the wife to help or get a Girlie mag and find a secluded place to...

David

tounge.gif
I thought the same but was trying to be nice.
My first thought was ask the wife to help or get a Girlie mag and find a secluded place to...

David
You guys kill me. You wanna hear that part that is funny as shid (Rev's word). I am a sailor and have been for 17 1/2 years and didn't pay any attention what so ever to the wording of the title.

Thanks for bringing me back to the gutter.

Peace

Don

Goo Gone? I used that when I took stickers off the bike and it tore up the paint. I take it this isn't normal?
Only used it for one sticker - suzuki sticker on back of bike

No goo gone is not supposed to tear up the paint. I have used many times on painted surfaces with no problems.

Back