how do get your 4" over busa to hook up???

nolo263

Registered
i am having trouble getting my bike to hook in first or second my bike is stretched 4 lowered 1 3/4 in front and 2 in back.it just seems to smoke tire at anything past 1/2 throttle in first and full throttle in second. and i like my bike like this so putting it back to stock is not an option. my rear tire is a bt 010.is my suspension not set up right? or is it the tire?

Get a good tire!!!!!!!!! If your going to ride alot on the street the ultra soft shinko is the way to go. It gets good traction on the street and excellent traction at the track. I went a 1.41 60' with mine.

i was thinking about a shinko but how is it in turns? how long does it last? and is it ok for top speed runs?

good tire and just a bit of slippin the clutch will get you there. Just cause youre out 4 inches dont mean you can dump it @ redline.
wink.gif

no good for much over 165mph

not great for turns but works ok.

lasts a LONG time.

Plus, you may have to let alot of pressure out of a regular street tire. I had to run my stock tire down to 15psi to get it to hook right.

Get a stickier tire, let air out of it, if the tire/road is cold it won't hook, loosen your strap on the street.

Shinko 003 Ultra Soft

It's quite soft so it will not last very long (not as soft as a Mickey though).
And it is shaped more towards the drag racing community and less towards running through the twisties (Large contact patch).

If you have stretched your bike, it sounds like you have already made the decision to NOT be a twistie bike and be a straight liner.

However, if you are not running a bunch of power, you could probably go with a standard Shinko 003 and run a little less air.

How much HP are you laying down?

<!--EDIT|Cecil_Stringer
Reason for Edit: None given...|1136913020 -->

Back