How did you arrive at your Username ?

Good stories....

Mine is simple, as a kid I was called Rusty, my cousin was in High School auto body shop and was learning about the galvanic chart, he and a bunch of his cronnies were hanging out when I came in and he introduced me to the bunch... One of them laughed and said "Rusty... Ha, ha, ha Corroded..." and they all fell about laughing. It stuck. As to Alien, it is a bastardization of my last name.

gavani~1.jpg
alien.gif
:laugh: :laugh:

Last edited:
This thread is a blast. I could read it all day. :)

As for me, I created my name when a buddy of mine set up a music chat room "back in the day". I wanted a name that represented my taste in music and the guitar "god" aspect of virtuoso guitarists in rock music. As an added bonus, I've never signed up for any site where the name was already taken. :laugh:

Mine is just a name I gave myself when I was a few years younger. It stuck and it's unique. Nobody else has it.

Most of these are too wild to be made up.

Mine comes from a Swahili nickname I was given while working in the Congo as an airplane mechanic way out in the boonies.

Ok so, here's my first post. My name is Ivan Vencis, favorite number 15 (my jersey number at the time I was playing basketball since highschool and ever since) so 1vanvenci5 :race:

Well, my user name will be the name of the 2011 'Busa I buy in a little over 4 months. I currently live in India, so I took a page from the mythology here. Airavata is the King-God of all elephants in the mythology of India, and the mount of Indra, the King of the Gods. Airavata is all white, and is also known as the "Elephant of the Clouds" for his ability to produce clouds. Since the bike I'll be getting is also large (especially compared to all the little bikes on the road here; I'll be an elephant among rabbits), powerful, and white, and capable of producing large clouds (of tire smoke), I figured the name fit. The new 'Busa also looks very cloud-like, so if "elephant of the clouds" is read another way, it could mean "elephant made of clouds", and would still apply.

Well, I guess it's been more than 4 months. Still waiting on that bike (finances, you know). It's coming, it's coming...

6-1, 250#, nick name is Bo.

Hmmm. Makes sense in much of the world. However, (no offense here) as I understand it here on the Org, you'd be more like Average Bo. There are some much taller and much heavier folks in this Hayabusa clan. Some might even call you a little guy. :laugh::beerchug:

I needed a username for the first online game I ever played which was F22 lightning 3 back in 2000. The name just stuck through BF2, counterstrike and so on. I also never need to add a number too it which is nice.

Most of these are too wild to be made up.

Mine comes from a Swahili nickname I was given while working in the Congo as an airplane mechanic way out in the boonies.

Cool. Sound like Indiana Jones :)

There are some great reads here. Good stories.

Its my 1st busa.............Its a 1st gen busa................and I want it to be the best busa so #1busa seemed to fit :whistle:

My initials are MPN and I am a lifelong University of Alabama fan, so that's where the "RTR" part comes in, for Roll Tide Roll.

My initials are MPN and I am a lifelong University of Alabama fan, so that's where the "RTR" part comes in, for Roll Tide Roll.

War Damn Eagle!

Sorry, but you know it is given by birth in the South!

Back