How did I ever make it out of elementary school.

No more nutrient empty foods ?

Personally I attribute my genius intellect to Twinkies and Hostess cream filled chocolate cupcakes :)

yea, its crazy. i have one in pre-k and he's only there from 1:00 to 3:45 and each parent has to bring something once a month for "snack time". i don't remember having that when i was a kid.

the school used to provide graham crackers and milk. i may end up home schooling, just saying :moon:

It's not the food, it's the difference from playing video games all afternoon drinking coke, or being thrown outside with a bicycle and a pocketknife and the whole world to play in. We worked it off when we were kids Doug; that just doesn't seem to happen anymore...

thrown outside with a bicycle and a pocketknife and the whole world to play in. We worked it off when we were kids Doug; that just doesn't seem to happen anymore...

We used to go out in the shop and make swords. Ah to to be 14 again, left alone with an angle grinder, pile of metal and a welder. :laugh:

My dad didn't get home from work till 5. Made for a lifetime of fun after-school experiences.

Many schools in Australia and New Zealand no longer sell sweets or softdrinks, in an attempt to combat childhood obesity.
Personally, I reckon they'd be better off forcing the fat kids to play sport. But that would be "a violation of their human rights", or some such bullcrap.

When I was in highschool I played rugby league every day except for when it was too wet, which is when we'd play touch rugby on the tennis courts. I was super-fit. And I also played club rugby league on the weekends, as well as hockey.
Man, I wish I could go back to those days... :'(

Last edited:
Back