How comforable are heli bars?

Roddie

Registered
Hello, just wondering how comfortable are heli bars both in the city and on the highway? Any thoughts would help.

Thanks, Roddie

There is tons of information on here about Heli-bars. My quick response is one of the best things I ever changed on my Hayabusa. Although, I treat my bike as a touring motorcycle and not a land rocket.

They are a welcome relief, until your body naturally adjusts to the riding position; after that, you won't really notice much difference between them and stock. I couldn't ride mine 20 minutes when I first got it, but I can ride an OEM bike now for quite a while without any help....

Like Sous and many others here, I use my Hayabusa for touring. Right after I bought the bike, I installed Heli-Bars, a Zero Gravity ST shield, and a Corbin seat. I've ridden about 10000 miles with this setup in the past 15 months or so. The Heli-Bars didn't magically change my Hayabusa into a BMW, but I really like the difference they make. Incidentally, of the 3 changes I made, the Corbin made the most difference. I could never go long distance without that thing.

Quite a bit more comfortable(IMO),especially if you have about a 40 lb. gut gettin' in the way.:laugh:

Had them on my '02,'03,and put some on my '11 when i did the Brocks top tree.

Picture shows the Heli-Bar on the left in comparison to the stock on the right:

4-23-2013Heli-Bars002_zps374f8926.jpg

I just switched back to stock from my Helibars in preparation for the Texas Mile, and it's a noticeable difference. My wrists are bothering me after 20 minutes when I could go hours on the Helis. Didn't notice much difference when I put them on, though. Probably just got used to the position.

I have helibars, buell pegs and a gel seat.. im good for 500 miles without it being torture.. You wont suddenly have a goldwing but it helps!

I HATE the standard bars.. way too much wrist pressure.. so these are first thing id change if i had a new bike. Doesn't turn it into a tourer but takes just enough pressure off for you not to notice it anymore...

Jza

Back