How come they don't use Hayabusa's for racing?

Hayabusawannabe

Registered
This class of bike is insanely fast so how come they don't use them for racing?? You always see the smaller bikes being used. What up with that?? ???

A Superbike team 1000cc bike is faster than a Busa.
More importantly, it's lighter and shorter/narrower and handles much better; which is ideal in any type of racing.

The power to weight ratio of a Busa vs most stock 1000's is very close anyway.
Some people just find the Busa more comfortable than a 1000.

I always thought it would be neat to have road racing between Busas and ZX-14Rs. Never gonna happen, but it would be really cool. As far as Busas against your average supersport bike, Sixpack nailed it.

Yea I agree with you flicka, a road race with those two would be amazing but I would also love to see Yamaha and Honda make a hyper sport bike too.

Yea I agree with you flicka, a road race with those two would be amazing but I would also love to see Yamaha and Honda make a hyper sport bike too.

Agreed. I really wish Honda hadn't given up so easily with the Super Blackbird.

Yea it would give people a lot more options. Other than getting WHOOPED by the busa I have heard nothing but good things about the blackbird.

"They" do... I guess it depends who you define as "They"....If its Kindergarden teachers at Pleasantville elementary I would guess I would not know....

I would pay to see a Busa and a ZX-14 throw down at let's say The Isle of Man TT!!! Now that would be Must See TV :whistle:

I would pay to see a Busa and a ZX-14 throw down at let's say The Isle of Man TT!!! Now that would be Must See TV :whistle:

I would like to see Laguna seca also. The only things I would like to see done to each bike is exhausts replaced just because of the weight savings and then the best rubber they can get. Leave everything else stock

Not a bad idea to throw at Sport Rider mag, or Motorcyclist. They always come up with those comparos for other bikes - which gets boring. This type of race, or more precisely - showcase race - would draw lots of attention and excitement. The only thing I would add - both bikes should have stage 1 turbo, and have stock wheelbase - to preserve quick turn in and to make sure they spend decent amount of time on one wheel. :laugh:

Mr. Honda always has been about refined machinery and balanced approach - which is more practical for most folks. That's why, I think, Honda is not eager to devote resources to something that would compete with Hayabusa. Not that they couldn't - just motivation and $$ are not there.

You know how when you put things down for later, they never get done? So, I just emailed to both mags. Here it is:

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Road Race: turbo Hayabusa vs. turbo ZX14...at Laguna Seca
Date: Sat, July 27, 2013 12:15 am
To: srmail@sorc.com, mcmail@sorc.com

...that's exactly what you guys should do instead of somewhat boring comparos. Keep the stock wheelbase on both bikes to preserve the turn-in rate and to make sure both bikes spend decent amount of time on one wheel. Get rid of those ugly stock exhausts, throw in suspension and brake upgrades.. Oh, and add 1/5 throttle mod to make things really interesting. Make a video, use data logging, write an article, etc. Can't wait... Oh, that wasn't my idea - it was discussed on Hayabusa.org at the following thread:

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gene...-how-come-they-dont-use-hayabusas-racing.html

Best Regards,
Igor G,
Long Island, NY

I wouldn't want to see stock vs stock...... I wanna see 2 pro's go at it and have each of their teams trick out their respective bikes and list the parts used. I'd like to see what actual real racers prefer to use and why .....:thumbsup:

I always thought it would be neat to have road racing between Busas and ZX-14Rs. Never gonna happen, but it would be really cool. As far as Busas against your average supersport bike, Sixpack nailed it.

Yep, never gonna happen, as the Busa will win everytime.
Or differently put, the ZX14 will loose everytime.
Let's face it, it is a lot safer to stay in front of the ZX14, in case it throws a rod with oil all over the track, so there is really no choice.:whistle:

Just jokin.:laugh:

I dont want to see either of those bikes with high tech brakes or suspension. I would like see upgrades that many of us could afford to do. Put the same exhaust on both bikes, braided lines and good pads. Then get 2 pros to ride them on a tight track. I would love to see that article.

Yep, never gonna happen, as the Busa will win everytime.
Or differently put, the ZX14 will loose everytime.
Let's face it, it is a lot safer to stay in front of the ZX14, in case it throws a rod with oil all over the track, so there is really no choice.:whistle:

Just jokin.:laugh:

I have no idea what you're talking about... :whistle:

1011949_10200223625064546_561260815_n.jpg

Back