How come my 3 hole dogbones

busabrother

Registered
Why don't my three hole dogbones work in all three holes. I put on the adjustable links on my 2002. And put it in the middle hole. WHen i wanted to ride my wife the other day. I tried to pull it up to the top hole, but the links were hitting the bracket holder on the frame. What gives. Do i need to sand the dogbones to fit in between the frame pieces or what? TIA

Just the bones way of telling you to leave her a$$ at home!!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
evil.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I couldn't resist...Yeah sounds like a long cut...You can just grind a bit off the bottom end...
evil.gif

No it want...I made my bones out of a piece of alum the same width and thickness of the original...Haven't had a problem...Cost $4...Exp. priceless...
evil.gif

It's a common problem. You need to notch out the bracket that it hits if you want to use the bones in the stock ride height hole. That's the common fix. Check out WarBaby's site (www.veltune.com) for pics of how he notched his bracket.
wink.gif

I saw the notch in his bracket BT, but i dont mean that. I removed that. The dogbones hit the frame piece where the bracket is mounted.

busabrother, my friend has the same ones, we end up putting the 3 holes at the top, where it ataches to the swingarm. try that.

Is THIS what i have to do?
Yep, that's what I was referring to. Haven't done mine yet but that's the pic I was talkin' about. Looks like he prolly notched the frame part that the bracket attaches to as well. Try e-mailin' him at tom@veltune.com and see if he can tell ya more since he's done it already. I was waitin' until I replace the cross threaded belly wing bracket before I done the notch.
wink.gif

I wouldn't do that at all!
wow.gif

If you are going to be switching them back and forth, I would go back to the stock links before I notched anything on the frame!
rock.gif

Why not? It is not a "structural" compromise. The only thing that piece of frame does is serve as a mount location for the plastic under wing which might weigh a pound with it's bracket.
rock.gif

Back