How come I cannot post in the "wanted" section???

I do not mean to bash or anything and really appreciate everything this forum offers the community, but that new format for the classifieds kind of sucks. The regular/old forum format was far better IMO. ???

I do not mean to bash or anything and really appreciate everything this forum offers the community, but that new format for the classifieds kind of sucks. The regular/old forum format was far better IMO. ???

Below is a quote from Captain in another thread.
We don't want this board to be the advertising selling capital of the Hayabusa community, that is not the intent. I dont want a message board that is nothing but for sale ads that expire a week after the post is put up, I dont want to have to sort through all of the old data to see what is relevant to the other members. We want the contents of the forum to be accurate good quality data....

I... okay??

Really don't see how the new format alleviates that over a normal forum format, but whatev.

If anything it just seems to hinder members selling stuff to each other. *shrug*

Below is a quote from Captain in another thread.

Since the site was "redone" my account no longer worked and I've had to make a new one. No biggie but the user friendlyness is realy lacking. As far as them not wanting places to post for classifieds is kind of stupid. If you think about it most forums like this are here for enthusiest. However they still require operating expensess. You are either too rich and the site dosent matter or you get manufactureres to pay you to advertise. The more people exposed to your site (even if they only use it to sell and buy stuff) the better your odds of getting more $$$ and other mfg's to join. Not to mention I dont have a Busa and want one. When I wanted my first bike I found it on starboyz.com and bought it then was on that site every day. After that I wanted to stunt so I bought a bike of stuntlife and was on their everyday. Most recently was 600rr.net (due to having a 600rr). Now I want a Busa (but want a deal on one) so I'm checking here every day. Sorry about the rant.

Since the site was "redone" my account no longer worked and I've had to make a new one. No biggie but the user friendlyness is realy lacking. As far as them not wanting places to post for classifieds is kind of stupid. If you think about it most forums like this are here for enthusiest. However they still require operating expensess. You are either too rich and the site dosent matter or you get manufactureres to pay you to advertise. The more people exposed to your site (even if they only use it to sell and buy stuff) the better your odds of getting more $$$ and other mfg's to join. Not to mention I dont have a Busa and want one. When I wanted my first bike I found it on starboyz.com and bought it then was on that site every day. After that I wanted to stunt so I bought a bike of stuntlife and was on their everyday. Most recently was 600rr.net (due to having a 600rr). Now I want a Busa (but want a deal on one) so I'm checking here every day. Sorry about the rant.

Sorry you had problems getting back on the site. Most of the problems people are having getting back in is they do not have the correct information in their user account. Over the years they change ISPs and end up with different email addresses. In some cases the emails to reset the account have been filtered out by the users ISP or their email settings as SPAM.

I’ve seen several forums change software over the years and this is (by far) one of the smoothest conversions ever from the users perspective. Hundreds of hours went into it behind the scenes to make it work and come back on line with the over 1.5 million post still intact.

Several thousand accounts were reset by the users simply using the automated tools we provided that reset the password using the email account that was in the user profile. I few hundred required use to work with the user manually.

The new classified section uses some pretty good tools for both the user and administrative end. Most of the complaints are that it is different than the previous message method. Try putting up an ad on ebay the first few times.

There seems to be some confusion because the old for sale forums are still on line. There has to be a transition period of some sort. We could just remove them….. but everyone would scream because the history was not there.

PM your old information and I’ll assist you in getting back into your old account.

Back