How can you sue over an act of God?

I have a law degree...crap like this is why I never practiced law! Doubtless these poor people will be found not guilty, but they STILL have to defend themselves and have their lives totally disrupted until the trial concludes.

The only good thing about this story is it shows America isn't the only country that has to endure morons like these.

this is bull pucky....tell them instead to sue god and collect.

Wait? If they're found guilty, does that give us enough precedent to sue the weather man next time it rains when we're supposed to ride?

People are trying to sue for the airshow accident in Reno too. I'm pretty sure on the back of the ticket it says u release liability like any other racing event

Wait? If they're found guilty, does that give us enough precedent to sue the weather man next time it rains when we're supposed to ride?

Only if I don't wash my bike.:whistle:

I think there is a rain emmiter on my bike and dirt must stop it from working.

they will probably settle and get enough to build a 7 second Busa.....:sneaky: only in America does this non sense take place

"We all know well that earthquakes cannot be predicted. This is not in the point here," said Vincenzo Vittorini, a relative of a victim, who attended the trial.

Rather, he said, because of the failure of the scientists to say a significant quake could be possible, victims and their relatives missed a chance to take preventative measures.
What preventative measures would someone take if there was an announcement that a significant quake could happen sometime in the near future?

What preventative measures would someone take if there was an announcement that a significant quake could happen sometime in the near future?

stockpile a couple months supply of water and canned/dry foodstuffs, a couple bottles of propane for cooking on the grill and burner, enough ammo to protect your stockpile, and a few good books to read while waiting for twotonevert to get the power restored :beerchug:

oh yeah, and a long rope to pull yourself out of the crevasse :laugh:

Back