How Big Of A Difference With Gen2 Ecu Flash

slider_buck

Registered
I just sent my gen2 ECU to Frank to get flashed. How big of a difference will i notice with it? Right now my busa wont power wheelie in 2nd. Will the flash make it pull the wheel now in 2nd? Just curious as to what difference in the bike ill notice.

I just sent my gen 2 ECU to Frank to get flashed .

How big of a difference will I notice with it ?

Right now my Hayabusa wont power wheelie in 2nd .

Will the flash make it pull the wheel now in 2nd ?

Just curious as to what difference in the bike ill notice .

It takes more than a tune to wheelie ~ make sure that you have a new filter *

attachment.php?attachmentid=1842&stc=1&d=0.jpg

Rode PirateDiverJeffs Gen 2 & the wheel would go where ever I twisted the throttle *

Sending my ECU to Frank soon myself! I have heard it wakes up the bike for sue. Esp in the lower gears where the timing retard is eliminated and all the other good stuff that gets done.

For the cost, nothing else will wake the bike up as much. Sprockets (one or the other) might come close for the price.

I just sent my gen2 ECU to Frank to get flashed. How big of a difference will i notice with it? Right now my busa wont power wheelie in 2nd. Will the flash make it pull the wheel now in 2nd? Just curious as to what difference in the bike ill notice.
Whats your definition of power wheelie?

The ecu flash really wakes the bike up at lower rpms.
But, a gen2 Will power wheelie in 2nd gear. You must not be agressive enough with the throttle.
I can clutch up a wheelie easily, but never had a problem throttling 2nd gear up into a balanced wheelie either, on any gen2.
I owned an 08, and have ridden quite a few gen2's. They all felt the same to me.

Add a 46 tooth rear, or 17 tooth front, or both. Any combination fits the stock length chain.
With the 17 or 46, it raises the rpms only around 600.
But, with more low rpm timing, it makes the bike much more agressive. And, puts the power in a nice spot in the rpms.
Makes wheelies even easier.
But, like most any bike, the stock Busa wheelies easy. Not the little tire lift either, but balanced for miles, or as long as you can ride it.

Whats your definition of power wheelie?

being able to be rolling in a gear, twist full throttle, and have it pull a wheelie. first gear does it no problem at all. the only way ive gotten the front end to come up in 2nd is either by clutching or by blipping the throttle which causes the front forks to help lift the front.

Add a 46 tooth rear, or 17 tooth front, or both. Any combination fits the stock length chain.
With the 17 or 46, it raises the rpms only around 600.
But, with more low rpm timing, it makes the bike much more agressive. And, puts the power in a nice spot in the rpms.
Makes wheelies even easier.
But, like most any bike, the stock Busa wheelies easy. Not the little tire lift either, but balanced for miles, or as long as you can ride it.

thanks. i'll give that a try. i never bought the busa to ride balanced wheelies but its nice sometimes to be able to just ride a wheelie thru a gear and set it down.

thanks. i'll give that a try. i never bought the busa to ride balanced wheelies but its nice sometimes to be able to just ride a wheelie thru a gear and set it down.

Have you tried learning to balance and hold a wheelie, without running out of rpm's and dropping the front?
I promise it's more fun, And, the Busa will wheelie like any other bike. Don't let anyone tell you any different either.:beerchug:

being able to be rolling in a gear, twist full throttle, and have it pull a wheelie. first gear does it no problem at all. the only way ive gotten the front end to come up in 2nd is either by clutching or by blipping the throttle which causes the front forks to help lift the front.
Some options set the suspension up so stiff the suspension can’t do its job, change gearing or bolt on a turbo. What you are asking just doesn’t seem logical. Wouldn’t you want your bike to stay down hook up so you can be full throttle. And just grab the clutch to stand her up.
I have rode dirt bikes with suspension that is shot and the bike stands up every time it can it’s slow and not that fun to ride. With the busa would hate to be pulling out of a corner hard and the front tire coming up.

On my bike grabbing 3 gear really hard and the front wheel coming up is bad ass but it is on purpose.

Also flash the ecu cheepest thing you can do and WOW it will wake the bike up big time.

Have you tried learning to balance and hold a wheelie, without running out of rpm's and dropping the front?
I promise it's more fun, And, the Busa will wheelie like any other bike. Don't let anyone tell you any different either.:beerchug:

no ive only rode it through first gear and set it down. im not looking to do long balanced wheelies on it. my luck thats when i'll start crashing it lol

Some options set the suspension up so stiff the suspension can’t do its job, change gearing or bolt on a turbo. What you are asking just doesn’t seem logical. Wouldn’t you want your bike to stay down hook up so you can be full throttle. And just grab the clutch to stand her up.
I have rode dirt bikes with suspension that is shot and the bike stands up every time it can it’s slow and not that fun to ride. With the busa would hate to be pulling out of a corner hard and the front tire coming up.

On my bike grabbing 3 gear really hard and the front wheel coming up is bad ass but it is on purpose.

Also flash the ecu cheepest thing you can do and WOW it will wake the bike up big time.

im not looking to make it wheelie just wondering if after the flash would it want to do that. im planning on lengenthing the swing arm by 4 just to help keep it down.

In short....it changes things. I'm runnin 46/17 and gotta watch it or I'm on 1 wheel. 2 up is even worse.

hopefully still have some good weather next week so i can give it a good run after getting it back. very curious to feel the difference.

Back