How bad is it???

I run Amsoil Full synthetic Motorcycle 10W40 for about 6.75 qt. from Fleet Farm here in Wisconsin.
thumb_up.gif
beerchug.gif

Wow. Thanks everyone for the replies. I found an Amsoild factory supply warehouse in wooddale illinois, so I will be taking a ride out there in a couple days to get some amsoil. talked to a dealer in my area who gave me that info. i am becoming a preferred member to get the discounts so my friends can order oil for themselves too. In response to LEO, I am unable to make it to the bash this year. My schedule at work blows, and doesnt allow me to take the necessary time off. My shift would be short, and we have minimum staff requirements in our contract. Have fun though. I would like to make one soon, cause i have never actually met someone from this site in person yet
sad.gif

Guys/Gals, Oil is Oil !!!!!!!!! PERIOD !!!!!! Trust Me
thumb_up.gif
Just Change it Like the Book Tells You. I do this for a Living !!!!!!!!!!

Guys/Gals, Oil is Oil !!!!!!!!! PERIOD !!!!!!   Trust Me  
thumb_up.gif
 Just Change it Like the Book Tells You.  I do this for a Living !!!!!!!!!!
Shame on you!
corner2.png
That's just not true, as EVERY oil test shows significant differences in the brands and weights tested. I would say however, as to simply changing it regularly and using a m/c specific dino oil, that I've never heard of an oil related motor failure when there was the proper amount of oil present, and the filter was functioning properly. I use full synth m/c specific engine oil because it allows the motor to run cooler and quieter and because the tranny shifts smoother. I believe the motor and tranny will last longer and be in better shape after high mileage too. I don't trade or sell my bikes every few years.

I can also extend the change intervals so the added expense is somewhat absorbed. It makes no sense at all for a street bike to have its full synth engine oil changed at the dino oil schedule (or less). Far more expensive too. On the day its to be changed, say between 5,000 and 7,500 miles, full synth oil is still better than dino oil...from my experience. The combined mileage on my CBX motors, w/o a rebuild, is 140,000. In the next year or so, the 82 will pass 100,000. The original 24 valves and the cams are still in very good shape.
Oil is NOT Oil!!!!!PERIOD
biggrin.gif
I do believe!
thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

I run Amsoil full synth 10W40. After my last tear down my internals all looked perfect - pistons, bearings, rods etc. That was after 16k REALLY hard miles and about 100 lbs of nitrous.

I'm sold on Amsoil, but I'm lucky in that one of my friends is a distributor.

As far as the person saying that running synthetic ruins your clutch:
bs.gif
Re-read the post.

No one said it ruins your clutch.

Again, I have yet to even hear of an engine failing due to the use of dino oil. I don't see why people switch to synthetic.

I have known folks to have clutch slippage issues after switching to full synthetic.
My thoughts exactly.

Slippage, though, is generally caused when people buy oil with "friction modifiers" in it. People just need to check the labels.

I like getting my hands and eyes all up under her skirts. Changing the dino oil every 3,000 miles gives me more opportunity to do so.

biggrin.gif

--Wag--

Well if you can get a couple of people together, you can become a dealer or a preferred customer. Basically with the preferred customer you get a 20% discount. Yearly membership is $20 so if you can spend more than $100 a year between you and your friends, you will make out in the deal. I do believe a dealer account is $5 more but I have yet to get the info on that yet..

I am willing to bet that some of those dealers that Amsoil has listed are just people who actually save $$ by being a dealer and really don't sell to much at all. But don't quote me on that..
Ummmmm......."Noooo"......the preferred customer program allows you to buy at cost, wholesale, plus sales tax. That makes your MCF, or MCV cost about $6.25 per quart + tax. Your EAoM 109 oil filter about $12.50.....
super.gif
I've been tellin' you guys about this for three years, count'em three years....go preferred. At $20 a year, it pays for itself....and you get some of the best lubricant money can buy. Spudley Busa's been on it since 1200 miles. No complaints, no clutch problems, flawless clutch action, just super..
coolold.gif

Wow. Thanks everyone for the replies. I found an Amsoild factory supply warehouse in wooddale illinois, so I will be taking a ride out there in a couple days to get some amsoil. talked to a dealer in my area who gave me that info. i am becoming a preferred member to get the discounts so my friends can order oil for themselves too. In response to LEO, I am unable to make it to the bash this year. My schedule at work blows, and doesnt allow me to take the necessary time off. My shift would be short, and we have minimum staff requirements in our contract. Have fun though. I would like to make one soon, cause i have never actually met someone from this site in person yet
sad.gif
Where at in Woodale?? What's the address??

I work in Elmhurst and that would be very convenient.

sad.gif
Where at in Woodale??  What's the address??

I work in Elmhurst and that would be very convenient.
+1

I used to use nothing but moto oil in my bikes, afraid of the clutch slipping. After several thousand miles and oil changes, I have yet to experience one issue with the clutch running Royal Purple. As for the cost of conventional oil versus synthetic, I would much rather spend a few extra bucks every couple thousand miles and have an engine be better off by running synthetic.

Well if you can get a couple of people together, you can become a dealer or a preferred customer. Basically with the preferred customer you get a 20% discount. Yearly membership is $20 so if you can spend more than $100 a year between you and your friends, you will make out in the deal. I do believe a dealer account is $5 more but I have yet to get the info on that yet..

I am willing to bet that some of those dealers that Amsoil has listed are just people who actually save $$ by being a dealer and really don't sell to much at all. But don't quote me on that..
Ummmmm......."Noooo"......the preferred customer program allows you to buy at cost, wholesale, plus sales tax.  That makes your MCF, or MCV cost about $6.25 per quart + tax.  Your EAoM 109 oil filter about $12.50.....
super.gif
 I've been tellin' you guys about this for three years, count'em three years....go preferred.  At $20 a year, it pays for itself....and you get some of the best lubricant money can buy.  Spudley Busa's been on it since 1200 miles.  No complaints, no clutch problems, flawless clutch action, just super..  
coolold.gif
ahhh I get ya.. I was just going by what Amsoil posted.

"Preferred Customers buy AMSOIL products at wholesale prices. The discount price is 15-20% less than regular retail prices. If you buy $100 of AMSOIL products a year, a Preferred Customer membership will save you money!"

So do you know what is the real difference in Preferred Customers and Dealers?

Their plan does seem nice. Changing my oil alone I could spend more than $100 a year.

Guys/Gals, Oil is Oil !!!!!!!!! PERIOD !!!!!!   Trust Me  
thumb_up.gif
 Just Change it Like the Book Tells You.  I do this for a Living !!!!!!!!!!
Shame on you!
corner2.png
That's just not true, as EVERY oil test shows significant differences in the brands and weights tested.  I would say however, as to simply changing it regularly and using a m/c specific dino oil, that I've never heard of an oil related motor failure when there was the proper amount of oil present, and the filter was functioning properly.  I use full synth m/c specific engine oil because it allows the motor to run cooler and quieter and because the tranny shifts smoother.  I believe the motor and tranny will last longer and be in better shape after high mileage too.  I don't trade or sell my bikes every few years.    

I can also extend the change intervals so the added expense is somewhat absorbed.  It makes no sense at all for a street bike to have its full synth engine oil changed at the dino oil schedule (or less).  Far more expensive too.  On the day its to be changed, say between 5,000 and 7,500 miles, full synth oil is still better than dino oil...from my experience.  The combined mileage on my CBX motors, w/o a rebuild, is 140,000.  In the next year or so, the 82 will pass 100,000.  The original 24 valves and the cams are still in very good shape.  
Oil is NOT Oil!!!!!PERIOD
biggrin.gif
I do believe!
thumb_up.gif
Sorry but YOUR WRONG TERRY !!!!!!
boxing.gif

What the Public Reads and what Really goes on are two different things !!!
As Long as you change the Oil like your supposed to then there IS NO DIFFERANCE !!! As far as the Differance that People Feel when they Use such Products as AMSOIL and MOBIL1 "It' more of a Psychological Experiance than a True Experiance"
rant.gif

thumb_up.gif

Back