how am i doin

busaboy007

Registered
hi just trying to get som opinions i weight proably 280 suited iev been racin for about an year but this year ive only raced once rebuilt my bike over the winter (new motor) my bike modds are large air box mod k&n full yoshi 16/41 pairvalve blocks off plates, stock arm, no air shifter no, pclll ,not tuned in run consitent 10.60 1.7 60s 130mphish is this average or what just lookin for opinions just started to lift the front threwout first. recomindations on how to dropinto the 9s thats the goal for this year :beerchug: im goin to try to add a video soon

I am no drag racing expert, somebody should chime in soon there are allot of really good drag guys on here.

either raise the HP or drop the weight. i weight about the same, 6+ extensions, full auto air shift, pc3, flashed ECU, clutch mod. best run has been 10.5's.

You need a tune, and the airshifter would definately help. I'm no dragracer, but you could pick up quite a bit with those 2 things. Mid tens aint too bad for as big as you are with an untuned near stock bike.

You need a tune, and the airshifter would definately help. I'm no dragracer, but you could pick up quite a bit with those 2 things. Mid tens aint too bad for as big as you are with an untuned near stock bike.

I agree with the above, you'll need to get longer/lower and at least get it tuned. The times are in there, here in the UK I race two guys on early stock motor/stock clutch Busa's, both run consistent 9.50's. They dont carry your weight but you definately have a 9 sec pass in your bike.

Even with an 800 lb bike / rider combination, that MPH is way off. The motor is spending too much time trying to get into power band. At 130 mph in that gearing, your only pulling about 9600 rpm in 4th gear. I would suggest adding more gearing to help both the 60ft time and MPH. A 44 or 45 rear sprocket will make launching a bit trickier, but will help you at the front and back of the track.

hi just trying to get som opinions i weight proably 280 suited iev been racin for about an year but this year ive only raced once rebuilt my bike over the winter (new motor) my bike modds are large air box mod k&n full yoshi 16/41 pairvalve blocks off plates, stock arm, no air shifter no, pclll ,not tuned in run consitent 10.60 1.7 60s 130mphish is this average or what just lookin for opinions just started to lift the front threwout first. recomindations on how to dropinto the 9s thats the goal for this year :beerchug: im goin to try to add a video soon

How low is the bike...? I would also recommend a custom tune; what are you shifting at...? Really you are doing very well for your size.

I would do what Draco suggested and add some teeth to the rear sprocket. Try longer, lower, lighter to start depending on your budget.....then you can start adding power... ;)

Sounds like you are doing a good job of compensating for your weight with some good launches.:thumbsup:

I was out there friday , I had the Blue Gen1 stretched, you def need some gearing with the weight but also I would stretch it some to take advantage of the gearing to get the 60' down and WOT faster to get the times down and speed up. No offense to you but unless you are one helluva rider you aint goin 9's at that weight with a gen1 unless you get some length on the aarm where you can launch it hard

Last edited:
Back