how accurate is the gen 1 speedometer.

My 2007 is exactly 5% high. I've checked the odometer against the mile markers, and also checked the speed.

what is a speedo healer

It's an electronic device to allow you to adjust the indicated speed.

Personally speaking, mine reading about 10% fast keeps me closer to staying under the radar. There's a bunch of 45 MPH zones locally that are easily 65 MPH zones and it feels like you are stopped riding them at either speed. The cops will spot you 10% most of the time around here except in school zones. It works out for me.

All motorcycle speedo's are off. A speedohealer is the way to go. It corrects in percentages.

okay thanks alot will look it up.its funny too i see alot of idiots on youtube claiming they are going 160 or 180 on a fly by when it is obviously not that fast.

That's why it's a good idea to always clarify what speed - actual or indicated (speedo). Mine is about 8% off, and like someone said keeps me slower when it matters. Maybe one day I will get a speedohealer or something...

Mine was up to 10% off.

I re-calibrated it to be most accurate at 70mph with a speedohealer.

i am new to the busa, but that's the first thing i noticed about mine is that my speedo on the freeway is reading like 85 but i am only pacing other cars which i guess are doing about 70-75.

Back