How about a rental?

...and now theft rates will quadruple and insurance rates will skyrocket.

...and now theft rates will quadruple and insurance rates will skyrocket.

Eagle Rider has been around a long time 1 of the 1st National Motorcycle Rental companies. Harley Davidson also has select Dealers that will allow you to rent bikes for a day, weekend, week etc.

Renting a motorcycle is not some new phenomenon

I hope you guys are right. Been my experience when stupid people try something new, mess up, cost money, the general public pays for it in the long run. Example...Smoking. Everyone thought it was cool and did it for a long time. Now insurance rates are sky high because of it and the cost of the item itself has been quadrupled as a result as well.

Not about being right.... Just stating facts. You go to any major city/ tourist attraction area and there are motorcycles to rent , Polaris slingshots, Jet skis, dune buggies etc

Again this is nothing new

I just don’t see the correlation between smoking and renting a motorcycle??? Insurance rates are sky high because like everything else in this world the price of things have gone up. Gas used to be .89 cents...... gallon of milk cost a quarter ??? And so on and so on. More people driving/ riding on road more accidents more thefts the cost of doing business so to speak goes up. Renting a bike will not increase or decrease the cost in the grand scheme of things. Just like when you go to enterprise to rent a car you gotta such a bunch of paperwork have insurance and can opt for additional coverage so it’s no biggie

When I was young you could rent small bikes at a lot of gas stations and some of the dealers rented up to 300 cc Honda’s, which was a mid size then. There wasn’t as much traffic then and it seemed much safer .

I heard about this awhile back and one of the YouTube channels I watch reminded me of it so I guess it makes sense for Hertz to be doing it as well

Back