Hotbodies windscreen install...goes wrong!!!!!!!

piratediverjefff

Registered
So i buy a Hotbodies black windscreen(and the dark smoke rear turn signal/taillight kit,yet to install...or try to install:please:)and after a fight to the death finally get it on.The fit around the upper inside corners is crappy(see pic)so at the last minute decide to "tweak" it just ever so slightly and naturally the entire corner above the clutch lever snaps right off.Rather than pitching it or finishing it off by beating it to death with a BFH,i got out a Dremel with a cutoff wheel and after using the broken off piece as a template chopped off the other side(figure i had nothing to lose at this point,otherwise it was a $100 shot right in the ass).After about an hour of cutting,sanding,polishing,etc. i've decided it's pretty close so may run it for a while,i can always pitch it later if it bugs me too much.:laugh:Just because of the poor fit i wouldn't buy another from Hotbodies(the black does really look good,even though in some of the pics it looks gray),maybe go with a dark smoke Puig,Double Bubble etc.

...snapped(broke!)the corner off!

newbike041.jpg

newbike042.jpg

newbike044.jpg

...ready to cut off the other side

newbike045.jpg

...somewhat of a matching pair:laugh:

newbike048.jpg

...cut off and sanded

newbike046.jpg

...check out the really poor fit,and this is after the plugs,screws etc. are in place and totally buttoned up!

newbike043.jpg

well im sure that doesnt give anyone a warm and fuzzy feeling about buying one of those. why not just get the puig one?

ur in southern Cali where its probably 75 degrees today. ur not allowed to complain about anything....:laugh:

damit! lookn at ur bike makes me want to build a Gen II now....:banghead: ur garage looks nicer then my family room.:banghead::laugh:

Just popped in the rear turn signal lenses and they do clean up the rear a bit,will do the taillight this weekend.

newbike052.jpg

Sorry about the windshield...u fixed it up well though. Have seen and heard so many complaints about hot bodies that discourages me to purchase their products. Was the rear turn signals a pain to install too? Have seen some people complain of poor fitment due to manufacturer flaws. When I get to it, I may try the vht nightshades spray on mine. Since the bike is black with red I think it looks great leaving the tail light red too.

damit! lookn at ur bike makes me want to build a Gen II now....:banghead: ur garage looks nicer then my family room.:banghead::laugh:

I spend way more time out here than in our family room too(you can see on the computer screen in front of the left grip where i was responding to one of these posts when i took the pic of the turn signal covers:thumbsup:).:laugh:

I'm really likin' this Gen II,better pick yourself up one.:thumbsup:

Yeah! What's up with that? Why have a garage that nice when it's 86 in the winter? My face is green and I'm hatin..........

Sorry about the windshield...u fixed it up well though. Have seen and heard so many complaints about hot bodies that discourages me to purchase their products. Was the rear turn signals a pain to install too? Have seen some people complain of poor fitment due to manufacturer flaws. When I get to it, I may try the vht nightshades spray on mine. Since the bike is black with red I think it looks great leaving the tail light red too.

Yep,i probably should have done a search before i spent $194.03 on the screen and 3 little pieces of plastic for the rear(i've also heard of people havin' really good results with the VHT Nightshade,kind of wish now i would've gone that route myself).:thumbsup:The turn signal covers went right on and actually fit,and i may leave the taillight cover off as you suggested since i think it looks good red also.:thumbsup:

Ok bros,my old ass is off to bed...3:00AM comes early and i'll check in with ya then when i'm on my 1st morning cup of coffee.:laugh:

Nice talkin' to you all!:thumbsup:

Jeff

Sorry to change subject but that's a good looking pit you have there. :thumbup: Looks just like an American bulldog I had several years ago. That dog was 120lbs all muscle. Was a gentle and goofy giant:D

Sorry to change subject but that's a good looking pit you have there. :thumbup: Looks just like an American bulldog I had several years ago. That dog was 120lbs all muscle. Was a gentle and goofy giant:D

No problem bro,along with Busas he's pretty much my favorite subject.:laugh:I used to try and pass him off to strangers as an AB(my nephew in Wisconsin raises AB's..."Josh & Amber's American Bulldogs")just so people wouldn't freak out when you mentioned the word "Pit".Same goes with this guy,always doing something goofy and cracking me up.:laugh:

Is it possible they sent you the wrong Gen windscreen by mistake, I put a yanashiki windscreen an there was no fight or force needed, it slid right in I didn't even have to tape off the end for vibration or anything.

Is it possible they sent you the wrong Gen windscreen by mistake, I put a yanashiki windscreen an there was no fight or force needed, it slid right in I didn't even have to tape off the end for vibration or anything.

Guess it's possible someone could've packaged the wrong screen by mistake though the package and invoice both say 2008-2011 Busa.The holes with the rubber grommet line up(somewhat)but the curves in the screen are about a 1/2" inside the curves on the front fairing(on both sides)so really puts tension/stress on both parts and doesn't allow the inner panels to lie flat up against the screen.I may pull it back off and fool with it some more this weekend(probably break it for real this time:laugh:).Found a few negative reviews from other Busa owners also.

Customer Product Reviews for Hotbodies Racing Grand Prix Windscreen

Have decided to pitch the Hotbodies POS screen and just rattle can my stocker.Saw where a few guys just Windexed the inside(and some used hot,soapy water)and used Krylon Fusion semi-gloss paint,says it comes out super nice...and at least i know the stock screen fits.:laugh:

Back