Hotbodies undertail install/pics

saygbye

10 sec L
Donating Member
Registered
i just got my bike about 2 weeks ago and i really couldnt stand the rear/liscense plate area. so i looked around and decided to get a hotbodies undertail.
it is made nice and sturdy and the color matches perfectly(but how hard is it to match black) it seems to be high quality.
first when installing, be prepared to goto www.hotbodiesracing.com to look at the instructions to see where to make your cuts. the instructions they send are way to dark and vague to understand where to cut.
1. take your seat off and remove the rear plastic completely from the bike
2. remove the lights and set them aside
3. remove brakelight assembly and little computer box thingy on left side of frame.
4. put bolts in rear part of box where it mounts to the frame so you can mark your cut with a marker
5. the cut basically starts at top corner/edge of the back of the box(where it mounts to frame in back). go down about 1/2" below the mounting hole then go towards the front of the bike about 1-2". then follow the frame foreward along the crease in the box. when you get to the front just keep going in a straight line and it will be perfect.
6. do the same to the other side
7. look inside box at the back and make a mark straight across and cut. the whole back will come off.
8. reinstall computer box thingy and make sure wires are run right
9. reinstall factory plastic on top loosely mounting all bolts
10. put undertail in place and attach with factory plastic"rivits"-3 down each side underneath
11. wire the lights per instructions(they send scotch locks but i butt connected them)
12. make sure everything works and tighten all bolts
here are some pics before and after
took me and my brother about 3 hours and a 12 pack

undertail_002__Small_.jpg

Back