Hotbodies Smoke tail light covers issue

MoNoXiDe

Registered
I have a quick question and hopefully someone here will know.

I am trying to install the blinker cover and from the looks of it, the covers are supposed to just go over the stock part and slide into spot. Am I supposed to take the clear lens off and put the dark smoke lens in its spot?

Or does the old lens just sit behind it unbolted "that would be weird"

It is VERY difficult to understand how they work, but the whole stock turnsignal will just "sit" in the pod on the tail. So the ONLY thing on the outside of the bike is the hotbodies lens, the rest is all inside the bike.

I wish I would've taken pics of this.

The instructions are horrible.

Okay, they come with a bolt and a nut. Put the whole stock turn signal inside the tail section with the stock lens installed, then use the bolt all the way through the hotbodies lens and use the nut on the backside of the stock assembly. Still looking for some sort of pics...

You will need to take the tail plastic off completely, unscrew the existing light fixture and use one of the screws to fasten the fixture back behind the tinted lens. It's kind of screwy but it works.

Sounds pretty straight forward. Hopefully when I go back tonight to try again, it will go just as easy :please:

I still have frustration, so much so I have yet to put the on! I have the break/tail light on with ease... :banghead:

:DSo finding this thread allowed me to go home and finish the install of my hotbodies side markers.. Thanks!

Back