Hotbodies Megaphone Exhaust

Scorpionking

Registered
Help just got my Slipons and the left side is obstructing the kickstand from going all the way up. It is the same length as the right handside. They are both 300mm on the longest side and 200mm on the shortest.

569e4f9a-0d66-c30e.jpg

569e4f9a-0d7b-d92e.jpg

569e4f9a-0d96-b069.jpg

569e4f9a-0dac-a483.jpg

Thanx People

I don't have the same slip ons but something very similar. I'll try to take a pic and show you what I did.

yes mine did the same thing. use a rubber mallet to knock it in just a little with out scarring the pipe and you should be good to go:thumbsup: no complaints in my book on the exhaust, over 6k on them so far. i advis eyou to use the marble mod.

Hate to tell you this, but that's just the way they are.

If you want to call Hot Bodies direct, their number is 800-555-2805.

Had them on the gen I and the Gen II. Quick not for GEN II:
1. Make sure that your stock exhuast sleaves are not on the header.
As i look on the pic to me it apears that the sleave that goes on the stock header/shock midpipe to get a good seal are still on the header.
I found this interesting when I did the Hotbodies on the gen II, I had the sleve/collar on the right midpipe and on the left side it stayed on the header, it's all on how you wigle the stck exhuast when you pull it off that makes them stick to the header.
USE a flat tip screw driver and pull the collar of the header and the pipes will slide all the way in and there on't be much of a clearance issue.

Good luck. let us know if that helps

You have to push them on further. Like it has been stated before, make sure that your exhaust gaskets are not still on the bike.

Had them on the gen I and the Gen II. Quick not for GEN II:
1. Make sure that your stock exhuast sleaves are not on the header.
As i look on the pic to me it apears that the sleave that goes on the stock header/shock midpipe to get a good seal are still on the header.
I found this interesting when I did the Hotbodies on the gen II, I had the sleve/collar on the right midpipe and on the left side it stayed on the header, it's all on how you wigle the stck exhuast when you pull it off that makes them stick to the header.
USE a flat tip screw driver and pull the collar of the header and the pipes will slide all the way in and there on't be much of a clearance issue.

Good luck. let us know if that helps

Yup that's exactly what happened.

This is how I resolved my issue. If you can't tell from the picture let me know.

Will be doing that mod tomorrow when I am back at work aswell as the other kickstand mod also putting a stop spacer to take the weight of the switch.

Glad you got the problem solved. I went to a local mufler shop and had them bend me two tips, painted them black, took the mid pipe off and screwd them one. Just like that I had a $40.00 exhaust mod. Dropped the marble in and done, the best and cheepest thing I have done to any of my bikes.

just pipe.jpg

installed.jpg

I like it because it blends in, the plastics and wheels are off my bike right now while I work on it. When its all together the tips disapear. I hate the way duel pipes look and I didn't like the megaphone. All you see when the bike is put together is the slash cut opening of the tip, plus they sound great. Your right, to each their own. I will have to update the pics once the bike is back together cuz your right...I look at these pics and it does look like crap. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

i have the same pipes and i just bought i diff kickstand ( adjustable ) but the kickstand is extended as far as it will go and it has a hell of a "gangsta lean":thumbsup: did the job though.

i have the same pipes and i just bought i diff kickstand ( adjustable ) but the kickstand is extended as far as it will go and it has a hell of a "gangsta lean":thumbsup: did the job though.

Was looking at kickstands from over there cos we don't have 'em here so a lot of cash only to find it don't solve the problem

Back