Hot On Ignition Wire Under Seat?

jchbusa

Registered
Hi All

First Post so hear goes.

Bought my first Busa (white in 2008) and it was waiting in the showroom for me as I was still doing my Direct Access course and hadn't passed yet!! Nothing betters you than having to pass than looking at the bike I now owned siting there all shiny. I know it was a massive chance but knew that it would be ok and it was :-)

The only fly in the ointment is that the stealership knew I had bought the bike and as they were providing the DAC training and the day I passed went back to stearlship jumped off the training bike and straight onto the Busa not a jot of concern or any type of guidance just let me ride out on it!! Never been back to that stealership since.
Being a 40 year old sensible bloke at the time I am still riding Busa's 8 years later no issues :-) Anyway that's enough about my life story back to my upgrades.

So this is the stuff I am in process of and nearly finished installing.

The front rear cameras from the company below (pics will follow as well as installation tips etc.) We have the Road Angel Halo cameras in the cars but because these are not waterproof had to look elsewhere and the only company offering front and rear fit and forget cameras is below.
http://www.innovv.com/#!product/cyy8

Mega Load Two-tone horn which is a heart attack in waiting for the cage driver ( I am one too but much more aware of my surroundings) that decides that I don't exist and try's to run me off the road.
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-5...0001&campid=5337943218&icep_item=152016357582

BikeTrac (essential in my opinion) And have them on both our cars too, Insurance premium reductions too :-)
https://www.roadangelgroup.com/ProductDetails.aspx

Scorpio SR-i900 is next on the list as waiting for it to arrive from the states. Had a look at the Spy 5000m but there were to many people indicating that the false alarms and issues in general made me decide not to go for it considering it was only £59.99!!
http://ridescorpio.com/shop/scorpio-secure/

The problem is that I have always left all this sort of stuff to the stealership but at a cost and er-indoors said that after my new Busa this March I will have to do all the upgrades myself to save some pounds!
So its all installed apart from the alarm BUT made the mistake that I wired them all up direct to the battery not realising that they should be wired to an Ignition live wire (apart from the BikeTrac but I wired that into a wire up in the nose) somewhere so they activate on startup DOH!!

So looking for some help in finding and ignition live wire under the seat somewhere that I can use as I have wired everything to this area and don't want to go unpicking it all.

I have a service manual for the GenII Busa on DVD with all the info but cant read wiring diagrams at the best of time.

Anyone help me?

You can use the white wire that goes to the license plate light. I would not pull that much power from one wire though. Get yourself a second fuse panel or at least use a relay to power your accessories and the plate wire to trigger it.

Thanks for the reply.
I presume the white wire is under the seat somewhere. When I removed the licence plate holder so I could run the camera wire under the tail I did see the loom but is it accessibly seen under the seat as I have all the wires to the various equipment running to here and the loom to the LP lamp isn't easily accessible from under the hump? Just trying to save more disassembly time.

I have a spare relay so would use that to trigger juice from the battery.

It is easier to access if you remove the tail. It only takes about 5 minutes ti remove and replace. It will make your install easier without it on the bike as well. It will also give you a better hiding spot for your GPS tracker that wouldn't be found by some low life just removing the seat.

Haven't found a step by step for tail removal yet but did have a look around today after I removed the LP holder but left it there as didn't have a lot of time left. I presume the indicator housings come away with entire the tail light assembly?

Would give it a go but need some guidance first to save time and broken clips etc. :)

Back