Hot Bodies tented lense covers.....

Jaysus

Bling Free
Donating Member
Registered
Hot Bodies tented lens covers.....

Is it me or dose it seem kinda cheesy attaching the turn signals to the inside of the tail fairing....

And did they have to use so much lock tight on the pass. foot peg brackets? It took me 15mins just to remove 4 bolts :banghead: going to have them powder coated

Last edited:
Good think you didn't break it being that tight...I find from the factory, what you think is tight and should be tight is sometimes ready to fall off...

I had to take my frame out to get those bolts off, LoL Just kidding

Not only are the Hotbodies crappy in design, the last two sets are polished on the wrong side. I returned one set and asked them to send a new set that were properly polished. I didn't bother sending them back again.

Not only are the Hotbodies crappy in design, the last two sets are polished on the wrong side. I returned one set and asked them to send a new set that were properly polished. I didn't bother sending them back again.

Yep, fit and finish could be way better........ I'm going to roll with it since there on already.

I guess at 180ish you'll never notice :laugh:

I ran the Hotbodies' rear lens covers all of last year. Looks bad azz but alot of coin for 3 pieces of plastic. The taillight cover was great but the turn signal covers are pretty low quality. Bad fit and finish improved by the Dremel and much polishing and they looked pretty good. The mounting system does seem rigged but I had no problems with them in 5000+ miles.
BUT, I had a couple of close calls last year and was almost rearended twice turning in to my street(a quick right-left off a busy two lane highway). I'm definately spooked about their visability so for some piece of mind I've gone back to the stock taillight and Clear Alternative smoked turnsignals.

Bad fit and finish improved by the Dremel and much polishing and they looked pretty good.....
and Clear Alternative smoked turnsignals.

What polishing brand did you use....

I havn't seen the Clear Alternatives on a Gen II yet, may make a good birthday gift

:laugh: I did the clear alternatives smoked lenses.

If you got the CA smoked for your Gen II....you should be happy! I've been trying to order them for 3months now and they STILL have no idea when they'll be getting them in again :banghead: That company is stretched entirely too thin at this point!

Last edited:
I like the ones i have
ftlog1.jpg

I ran the Hotbodies' rear lens covers all of last year. Looks bad azz but alot of coin for 3 pieces of plastic. The taillight cover was great but the turn signal covers are pretty low quality. Bad fit and finish improved by the Dremel and much polishing and they looked pretty good. The mounting system does seem rigged but I had no problems with them in 5000+ miles.
BUT, I had a couple of close calls last year and was almost rearended twice turning in to my street(a quick right-left off a busy two lane highway). I'm definately spooked about their visability so for some piece of mind I've gone back to the stock taillight and Clear Alternative smoked turnsignals.
we about had a pile up at Spring Bash due to those smoked covers on a members bike... WAS REAALY CLOSE....

but if you are going to obscure your tail lights, I think you better be ready to get run into and assume some liability if/when it happens... (In other words, no complaints from the bike owner)

really a bad idea IMHO after watching what can happen... I have added lights to the backside of my bike to get attention... hiding the ones I have is not even a consideration... :)

Last edited:
we about had a pile up at Spring Bash due to those smoked covers on a members bike... WAS REAALY CLOSE....

but if you are going to obscure your tail lights, I think you better be ready to get run into and assume some liability if/when it happens... (In other words, no complaints from the bike owner)

really a bad idea IMHO after watching what can happen... I have added lights to the backside of my bike to get attention... hiding the ones I have is not even a consideration... :)

This is a great point. As bad as I've wanted the smoked front turn lenses. I have always thought about how it may obscure the turn signals. Making it harder for cagers to see my directional signals at a stop or something. Especially during the day!
I'm not interested in doing the rears because of this. But I need to put more thought into the front lenses. Good food for thought Mr Bogus.

I guess I don't go by brake lights, some people down shift so hard and engine brake that you don't even see a brake light. Then again on the tack there are no lights at all, you just have to pay attention.

If you do a search for the clear alternatives, you will find my post showing front and rear smoked lenses. They are not to dark. :thumbsup:

People that violate a motorcycles right of way will always say " I never saw him" Why on earth would you make it harder for people to see you?

Add more light or make them brighter. High beam on the sunny days :thumbsup:

Back