Hot Bodies Racing's Gen2 Vented Front Fender

Scar

Seasoned Pilot
Donating Member
Registered
So, as recently described in another 'fender' thread, I'm throwing these pix out for review.

The new offering from Hot Bodies Racing will not be available until the end of 2008, so don't try to order one until you see another release on it.

What are your thoughts?

Vented Fender.JPG

Vented Fender CU.jpg

Last edited:
I like it, especially if it will lower the amount of brake dust on the wheel. Available for the Gen 1's?

It looks good, but I wouldn't recommend one for a "street" bike. Your brakes actually work BEST when they are warmed up. With this type of venting your brakes will cool off too much.

It looks good, but I wouldn't recommend one for a "street" bike. Your brakes actually work BEST when they are warmed up. With this type of venting your brakes will cool off too much.

I agree with your assessment thoroughly, Rich.

And, it could potentially impede my 'branding'. :laugh:

K. I sent a message to HBR-HQ. As soon as I hear from them, I'll let you know, brother.

:whistle:

OK: I just got a note from HBR-HQ...

El jefe tells me that the Vented Front Fender is available for Gen1 ('99-'07) in all Gen1 factory colors.

The Vented Front Fender for the Gen2, which will be introduced later this year, is available in all Gen2 factory colors.

:beerchug:

now wait just a fricken moment here.... what happened to "GAS GAS GAS!"

I didnt see squat about brakes..... ? and I need a new front fender, not a good choice? :moon:

Oh, on "how I like it" maybe if I can match my fairing screens a bit closer?

now wait just a fricken moment here.... what happened to "GAS GAS GAS!"

I didnt see squat about brakes..... ? and I need a new front fender, not a good choice? :moon:

uh-oh, Rich...he's callin' ya out, brother...

In answer to your question, Randy; I think the decision will have to be up to each individual owner understanding how the cooler running rotors will affect or impact their riding. Most people ('busa owners) won't utilize their brakes the way Rich does (ahem) or doesn't. Many will get the fender just for the 'different look'...and it will have no bearing on performance.

:moon:

uh-oh, Rich...he's callin' ya out, brother...

In answer to your question, Randy; I think the decision will have to be up to each individual owner understanding how the cooler running rotors will affect or impact their riding. Most people ('busa owners) won't utilize their brakes the way Rich does (ahem) or doesn't. Many will get the fender just for the 'different look'...and it will have no bearing on performance.

:moon:
Well I would like to be on the short list when they get some kind of idea on pricing... I like the Mdesign fender myself.. (was posted here today)
10_8rforce_0609_4fe.jpg

here is mine for the Gen 1, before and after bird strike, do like the Mdesign :thumbsup:

bus05.04.08.jpg

DSCN1401.JPG

Back