Horsepower decrease from 99 to 00??

G

I,ve heard many people talk about modifications made to the 2000 Busa which slightly lowers hsp and overall performance. Is this a fact? If so when did it start? My 00 was built is 10/99. What is stock hsp? I just put my stock 00 on the Dyno at Mid Ohio and put up 163.8 hsp at over 200 mph (the dyno shuts down at 200).

hey booker i just emailed lofty just 2 minutes before you posted if he takes it i think i know where another is just like mine

No it's an error, I dynoed mine stock w/ PC2 and the guy ran it over 200 it told me 172.9!!!

Mine ran 197 at mid-ohio. I don't know about an error on dynos if you run them over 200, my bike only ran around 196, stock gearing. seems differnt maybe the pilot on the rear is a differnt circumfrance??? also ran 197 at 2 other dynos...

Air temperature, altitude, barometric pressure, humidity, etc. all can effect rwhp numbers from dyno machines. The only value that you can really count on with a Dyno is your power curve. It will tell you where the bike is running good and where the bike is running poorly. Most people who are big time racers know that they have to tune their car or bike to the conditions of that day or for drag racing...That moment. If you want to get really good horsepower numbers or really bad horsepower numbers just play around with the correction factor.

I dynoed my bike last Friday and here are my results.

95.5 pound feet of torque @ 7,000rpm

153.9 rear wheel horsepower (RWHP) @ 9,500rpm

Temperature was 90 degrees
Absolute barometric pressure was 30.13 in.hg.
Vapor pressure .55 in.hg
Correction factor was 1.02

Hey Alan,

That's a pretty good sight. I added it to my favorites.

What do you think about the BMC filter? I think I'm going to buy myself a little present.

hey booker i have one with 300 miles on it i now have motorhead box will sell bmc for $25.00 plus shipping

Back