Horrible quality of accessories

audial

Registered
It seems that more and more companies are producing products that are so low in quality they just do not qualify for our bikes. I have seen numerous posts here about quality of other accessories and now I have my own experience with my new smoked clear front turn signals. It seems that every sight I can finds only sells "clear alternatives" brand of lights. I ordered a set and when I installed them last night I couldn't believe how horrible the fit is. There is at least a 1/8" gap all around the lenses and some places 1/4". What gives with these companies expecting us to accept such poorly designed and produced products? Does anyone know of a company that produces OEM quality clear or smoked turn signals? I think that we need to have a section here on the boards where we rate the quality of products so we can let these companies know just how tired we are of their "Fisher Price" products!

I agree 100% I put 03 gixxer 1K turn sigs on the back of my bike but wanted the clear lenses to match the front. Clear alternatives were the only choice I had. The fit sucked. They would not stay on the signal with the screw like the stock ones did. I had to silicone the lense cover in place. It looks OK now but I was dissapointed in them.

I had one of their clear tail light intergration kits,never had a problem with it.

Here's a picture...

DSC00646.JPG

Hmm. Can't say that I've had the same experience. I've got both the CA smoked front sigs and rear LED integrator taillight.

Really happy with both.

(omslaw @ Sep. 09 2006,19:18) Hmm.    Can't say that I've had the same experience.  I've got both the CA smoked front sigs and rear LED integrator taillight.

Really happy with both.
Can you check and see if you have the gap around the light?

ive had 2 sets of front clear turn signals from clear alternatives. they fit like shid. i had to put the front fairing in my lap and bend on it from the top to get the holes to line up and put the screw in. and yes there is a gap in mine too. the reason i had to buy the second set is because the tab on the first set broke off when the bike fell over just because there was so much pressure on it because of the improper design.

So far so good in my book. The Fiance had a CA taillight integrator on her zx6r and the glue on the lens gave up. Sent it to CA and had a brand new one back in my hands within a week. She had asked if they could send a smoke lens instead of clear and they even had no problems with that. They get a thumbs up from me for customer service!

-Kimball

There are locking tabs on the replacement lens. Do you have them in? That could hold em out a little. And mine dont fit perfect either.

Give them a call and get them replaced. You know they're manufacturing in China or elsewhere off shore and their tolerances on that shipment are whacked. They would want to know - I would hope. (Unless they're looking to crumble as a business.)

Sucks - but if they send you parts from a 'good' batch, you'll have what you need - right?

I'll be ordering the C.A. tail light so they better have their sh*t together.

Does the smoke lens make it that much more difficult to see the signals (day or night)?

(audial @ Sep. 09 2006,21:34)
(omslaw @ Sep. 09 2006,19:18) Hmm.    Can't say that I've had the same experience.  I've got both the CA smoked front sigs and rear LED integrator taillight.

Really happy with both.
Can you check and see if you have the gap around the light?
Yeah. I'm outta town until the end of the week; I'll check on it for ya.

You can also check with GSXcite - he just put some of the CA smoked front sigs on about a month ago...

(Over_Easy @ Sep. 10 2006,08:30) I'll be ordering the C.A. tail light so they better have their sh*t together.

Does the smoke lens make it that much more difficult to see the signals (day or night)?
I have the CA integrated assy and I couldn't be happier with it.

Don

The rear tail lights and the integrated LEDS from CA are mutts nuts. Their front lenses have been a little off for years.

But what the hell ya doin buying CA fronts anyway? Get em' fresh from the factory 05 or newer! They come clear.
smile.gif

i couldn't agree with this topic any more. you would think that they would get the oem sizing right for the front signals after all these years. all in all, the quality of there lenses are medicor and that's about it.

Back