Horrible quality of accessories

Well I finally received an email from "Matt" at Clear Alternatives sales staff. He says that Clear Alternatives has been aware of the gap for several years. According to him they were redesigned last year to minimize the gap but there is still some there. He says it is possible I have a set from the old batch and if I would like to return to them they will exchange them. I can't imagine it being any larger of a gap than what mine have so hopefully I have the old ones. As far as the actual fitment in the mounting holes I didn’t have the problems that psycobusa had as the lenses bolted right up and the tabs slid right in. The reason I went with these lenses is that these are a different lens design than the factory. It is more of a “line†design than a “diamond†pattern. The lenses are definitely smoked and I think look awesome. You can’t use a standard amber bulb as you can definitely see it through the lens and forget the SilverStar’s as they have that cheap rainbow look. I ordered amber LED replacement bulbs so it will be completely clear when off. In the meantime I took a standard amber 1156 bulb and buffed the glass bulb the remove the gloss and spray painted the front 2/3 of the bulb with chrome paint. The back part of the bulb still emits enough light to light the lens. I know that sounds cheesy but you can’t see the amber bulb inside and it will work fine until my LED’s come in. You can also buy bulbs like that which have the front part plated with chrome on the inside of the glass that do the same thing my painting accomplished. I’ll post an update when I get the lens swapped out and let you know if it’s any better.

Audial:  They make chrome bulbs that look 100% clear when off, yet light up amber.  IMO LEDs are probably the way to go.  Brighter light, less current draw and still look 100% clear when off.

IMO the CA integrator sucks.  I've seen a few and wasn't impressed with them. The ZX6 CA integrator is actually LESS bright than the stock taillight.  

They'd been better off using all red LEDs and then switching half of them for the signals.  That way you get 2x as many brake lights instead of 1/2 orange and 1/2 red.  Just my .02

Just order a set of the Suzuki Clears from Kevin (VMan1300) Thats what I did.
beerchug.gif
super.gif

I too tried the CA front replacement lights (back in the day, before Suzuki started putting 'em on the bikes) and I want those 3 hours of my life back! LOL

The fit and finish were the worst; I gave 'em away...some guy on the org made 'em work but they were not for me...

I didn't like the clear alt tail light lense , looked like it had imperfections in the reflector portion of it.....ended up using factory but the led integation works great
super.gif

I'm glad I only paid $20 for mine on Ebay but after recieving them I think I paid $20 too much. What really sucks is the time it will take to go back where I started. It's very clear now why these lenses are called alternatives
crazy.gif

Back