Horrible dealership experience.

funnyman3000

Registered
So i drove up from Fort Hood, TX to Dallas thinking a bigger dealership would be able to give me a better deal on a bike. I sat down and got an OTD price of 16,000 to start off with. I asked the sales rep Robert for any kind of price cut i could think of. i got him to remove the 800 freight and assembly fees and give a lower OTD price. Finally we got to 14,150 and he wouldnt budge. I have been looking forward tot this bike my whole deployment so i had no choice and signed for it. Then in the final write up i see he still has 300 for both freight and assembly with a base price of 12 something. i call him back in and he says yah we agreed to take those off, but we came down to a final OTD price, so it doesnt matter how i write it up. We argued some more about that too. In total he told me 3 times that 'if i didn't want it i could go home/go somewhere else.' This was one of my worst dealership experiences and i would not refer Arlington Motorsports to a single person here.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:
I have pics on my phone but it doesnt look like i can upload them on the mobile view. That will have to wait till I get back to the base. It's a '09 in white.
Posted via Mobile Device

This was one of my worst dealership experiences and i would refer Arlington Motorsports to a single person here. [size=1 said:
Posted via Mobile Device[/size]

So you would refer them?

I would have left and went somwhere else. Most of the dealers will give new busas OTD for MSR just to move it.

I would have left.

congrats on the bike:beerchug: Nothing now but to enjoy it.:thumbsup:

I also hate dealers. When I bought mine, I offered to go to the bank and get cash for payment in full. They said a check would be all right. So I pay and take the bike home. Later, when I look at the paperwork, I see they have put themselves down as lean holder. After many phone calls, and three weeks later, I finally get the paper work with a free title.

Welcome to the org. congrats on the new bike.

Last edited:
would changed to would Not.
i would have left if i could. This wasmy third dealer visit and same BS. they see a young military guy come in and see deployment dollar signs in their eyes. I evem asked the guy what kind of military discount he could hook me up with, and he said 'Why is it all you military guys come in here begging for discount?, Mutha fuka you are charging me 16 grand out the door!
Posted via Mobile Device

a little further and you could've gone to plano(take the spring creek exit on 75, west control road), that's where I got mine, and will get the next. been there on and off for the last 9 years and never had a problem. to be honest, I will choose to drive almost an hour to deal with them than deal with the local one.

sorry to say that large or small there all the same. whether it's car or bike ,they all want to be overly friendly and take you to the bank. god, i love to generalize! :laugh:

Oh well. What's done is done. Be sure you enjoy your ride double time. I don't mean the speed; the quality and the longivity.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dude! It doesn't even matter, you've got a busa now... You'll be riding and feeling good and he'll still be a a$$hole...! Start your mods and ride safe... Thanks for your service...!:beerchug:

would changed to would Not.
i would have left if i could. This wasmy third dealer visit and same BS. they see a young military guy come in and see deployment dollar signs in their eyes. I evem asked the guy what kind of military discount he could hook me up with, and he said 'Why is it all you military guys come in here begging for discount?, Mutha fuka you are charging me 16 grand out the door!
Posted via Mobile Device

No kidding! That's a travesty. By far the highest price I've heard at sticker ...not to mention OTD for this bike. WTF???
Maybe your right...maybe they are raping members of the service. Which alone is BS.
Guess you have to look at this way....you've got one sweet ride now. Go out & enjoy the hell out of it. And as hard as it will be...put it behind you. Needless to say....you will not be taking any further business of yours there! (Parts, service. etc.)

Try to work your way to Ft. Carson, then you can deal with Rocky Mountain Cycle Plaza - I've bought 2 bikes there and I have 2 friends who both got their bikes there, and they're all right.

So where are the pics?:rulez:

I know the feeling. I had the Surprie, Az Ride Now give me a 10,000 otd price. When I came in 2 weeks later with 10,500 in cash they said the otd was 12,500. I argued with them for almost 2 hours about the price to the point the Surprise PD was called. PD was totally cool and pulled me outside and told me about an '06 LE on craiglist for sale that I ended up buying. The cop rides an '07 gsxr 1000 and he understood my level of frustration with the dealership. Glad to see you got your busa though. :beerchug::thumbsup::bowdown::cheerleader::beerchug:

Cancel the deal if you still can. Post what you are looking for on this board; There are plenty of members that have connections that could easily get you a better price than that (and even better on an new 08), depending on how far you are willing to travel.

Thank you for your service, soldier! HOOAH! Tanker?

They can't get over MSRP even for Hardleys anymore. Times are hard and there's too many stealerships around. Over MSRP for a sport bike ain't happenin'. Tell them what you'll pay, give 'em your phone #, and walk. Safe to say there's 4 to 6 'Zuk stealerships within 100 miles of you, one of them will be wanting to sell a bike today.

You must have gone in uniform and they figured you were another soldier with more dreams than moxie. F them friend, and see about taking it back. That price is not even a deal...well maybe it is by tax free deployment standards.

ahhh youre in fort hood huh??.. i lived in killeen for 15 years (dad was military)...

my grandma still works at wal-mart there :p

I know the feeling. I had the Surprie, Az Ride Now give me a 10,000 otd price. When I came in 2 weeks later with 10,500 in cash they said the otd was 12,500. I argued with them for almost 2 hours about the price to the point the Surprise PD was called. PD was totally cool and pulled me outside and told me about an '06 LE on craiglist for sale that I ended up buying. The cop rides an '07 gsxr 1000 and he understood my level of frustration with the dealership. Glad to see you got your busa though. :beerchug::thumbsup::bowdown::cheerleader::beerchug:

THATS AWESOME!!! Cops riders are amazing!... a few weeks ago i had a cop tailing me for a few blocks. when i pulled over at a local motorcycle shop, he pulled over as well... i got off the bike and then he ended up getting out and simple said "nice bike" then he went inside and picked up a bunch of parts for his track bike.

Back