Horrible ACCIDENT

motorcycle-crash-2-AP.jpg

Looked like a reasonable sized trailer being towed maybe it got away on the driver ??
Report says
'Before the pickup truck hit the motorcyclists, Estrand said several eyewitnesses told her it appeared to be swerving uncontrollably'
Or
Texting
Eating
Medical

If the trailer was loaded improperly, as @GAmedic pointed out it can sway uncontrollably. An inexperienced driver will often hit the brakes, which makes it worse, and can lead to the trailer driving the truck. To correct it you actually need to increase speed, which seems counterintuitive to most drivers.
Terrible tragedy regardless of what caused it, may the victims rest in peace.

Now that I see the pic of that gooseneck trailer, the situation could have been caused by a number of things.

At first read, everyone would have been ready to crucify the 23 yr old driver of the truck....only the investigation will tell.

I cringe every time I see a group of motorcycles travelling, it is just so easy for something, anything to go wrong.

Yup, and his "friends" offered up his history of cocaine and heroine use to the police. If the material found in his apartment tests positive he will also be charged with that as well.

10 people set out that day to enjoy riding motorcycles through some of the best roads NH has to offer. 7 of them will never go home and three will never go home the same. Very sad.

Godspeed to them all.

I understand what ur talking about here, but since when will a suspension keep pretty much anyone from driving? This terrorist would have done this regardless.
Absolutely gut wrenching.
Troy

You're right. Possibly just a step to show they had done something, but a step nonetheless.

Yup, and his "friends" offered up his history of cocaine and heroine use to the police. If the material found in his apartment tests positive he will also be charged with that as well.

10 people set out that day to enjoy riding motorcycles through some of the best roads NH has to offer. 7 of them will never go home and three will never go home the same. Very sad.

Godspeed to them all.
ill bet anyone here a million bucks this 23 yr old was from the merrick section in west springfield, ma...…………… with his history..... definitely.

Back