HornBlasters.Com Air Horn Install

InfiniteReality

Registered
Just had to bend stock horn bracket to make room, but attaches just like stock. Had to cut a piece of the stock plastics close to there, but mounted right back up. Of course, I wired up a relay and good to go. Definitely no more toot-toot BS anymore!!! :)

SNC18057.jpg

SNC18064.jpg

Before cut:
SNC18089.jpg

After cut:
SNC18091.jpg

Didn't measure it, but it's at least 1" maybe more. That's one thing I'm watching closely to make sure I have no worries. Used some of my thick vinyl time on top of fender so it won't scratch paint and I can see if it will even come in contact with it.

I am pretty sure that is going to come in contact with the fender.There is very little extra room on the stock set-up. Do be careful, and check it gradually.
You can probably push the bike and hit the brakes hard enough to get it close as a test?
Goodluck, :beerchug:

I'm hoping you don't have problems. How could it be mounted differently to avoid this issue? I want one, stock horn sounds like a toy. Not very practical. Good write up bro. Let us know how it goes.
Posted via Mobile Device

Didn't measure it, but it's at least 1" maybe more. That's one thing I'm watching closely to make sure I have no worries. Used some of my thick vinyl time on top of fender so it won't scratch paint and I can see if it will even come in contact with it.

Recommend you put a piece of foam the same size as the horn in that spot before placing the horn, spray or powder some chalk on the foam pad an give it a hard break test some thing that will compress the shocks a bit cause bumps on the road or hard braking do compress them quite a bit. My Gen 1 wasn't lowered an it hit. results may vary of course due to different settings of compression or rider weight I imagine. But if it does hit it will most likely crack the fender as well as scratch it. The horn an the compressor on that horn can possibly be modded/separated for easier fitment depending on the brand. There is a thread here on how to do it my compressor is attached to my fairing stay an horn is behind the nose a few simple fittings an the seprated partsconnected by a normal plastic hose lets you place them separated just about anywhere on the bike.

mine is a nautilus

Last edited by a moderator:
Good idea on the foam and chalk! I'll give that a shot, definitely concerns me. on my 03 I had a seperate compressor and tubing and no issues do the compressor being further back and horns in the fairing.

On a side note, I tested the relay and made it was all wired. put it all back together and only hear damn compressor....no horns. If there's not an easy fix (emailed hornblasters) then it's going back for a refund. I refuse to pull the fairings off once to send it back and again to put a new one back on. I'll just go with a new FIAMM air horn setup this time around like I had on my 03. :)

Make sure the wiring is right when I connected mine it did that an what was happening was the compressor was sucking instead of blowing.
Posted via Mobile Device

Make sure the wiring is right when I connected mine it did that an what was happening was the compressor was sucking instead of blowing.
Posted via Mobile Device

No crap uh? Man, I should have known that..... Just like a fan, cross the + and - and it'll work opposite of what it should! Thanks, will fix it to night.

Swapped the compressor wires and works. Definitely 10x better than stock! I checked my front fender and no issues after going around town for 15 miles or so. Got my forks set at half way. Will keep an eye on it for sure. I'll get a video of it soon.

Also a heads up. When I initally ordered the horn, their website stated 2-wire hook up. I emailed to complain since it came with a relay and I bought it hoping to not to wire up another one. Not that big of a deal and they were cool and fixed their site pronto. After hearing it finally, I'm way more satisified over the old 2 horn FIAMM air horns I had on the 03.

Couple weeks and 300 miles later, no issues with horn hitting. Nothing at all and I've been on some of the worse roads here in Louisiana at low and high speeds. I have my forks adjusted mid-way.

Back