hoping to buy the bus in '04, hope I'm ready?

bus luster

Registered
Hey everyone, great site with lot of great information!  Anyway I have been riding for about 5 years and have had three different bikes (a couple 600's and most recently a 2000 suzuki sv650s).  I have taken a track class with certified instructors (what a blast!!), and am 28 years old.  The bus is my pick for a next bike for it's sleek sexy body, powerful motor, and humane ergonomics (as compared to the R1, gsxr1000, etc.) and its two up touring capabilities.  I have read and re-read every shread of info on the busa I have been able to get my hands on, and the more I learn the more I respect this amazing machine.
Do you think I am ready?
BTW: I am 5'8" and 160 lbs.
How much do you all pay for insurance premiums?  
biggrin.gif

Thanks I will be crusing the site until I get mine in April '04 (I hope)
wink.gif

you prolly' are..but I always kinda felt if you hadda ask.. you probably weren't ...

I do remember askin if I was ready.. but I was only askin' myself to see if my mature side would scream "NOOOOOOOOO!" cuz then I knew I was scared enough of the bike to respect it, and hopefully.. HOPEFULLY!!! not do something stupid and end up splattered. :rock:

Thanks for the responses
rock.gif
I think
rock.gif

I am ready, and like you said I will be scared of it enough to not do something stupid.
I cannot wait
smile.gif

rock.gif

Thanks for the responses  
rock.gif
 I think  
rock.gif

I am ready, and like you said I will be scared of it enough to not do something stupid.
I cannot wait
smile.gif
You sound ready to me. If you have already had a track day(best training there is) than you are already a huge step ahead of some of the folks that own them. Busa is very predictable and well mannered machine. The biggest thing to remember is those curves come up real quick a lot quicker than you are probably used to, be sure to be slowed down enough ahead of time.

Good luck fro

Oh and I'm 28 tooooooooo

rock.gif

Welcome to the board BL.
There is a very good chance that you will not regret buying a Busa.
In my opinion they have to be the best all round bike made....though I might be slightly biased.
One thing is for sure.........the Busa will absolutely scream with 160 lbs on board......just ask Cache.
The majority of us are 200+ with a big portion of us over 250.
250 lbs of guy on a Busa will be considerably slower than 160.
Good luck dude.....have fun if ya get one.

Your ready(riding for 5 yrs). It's not the machine below you that gets you into trouble its the rider. You could kill yourself on ninja 250. You control the bike.........be the bike........

Get the Busa just get a feel for the throttle before you grab a handfull of it.
Welcome to the board

Thanks for the support!!! I will be saving my pennies till spring.
wink.gif

BTW a guy I work with went out and bought an R1 for a first bike. I tried to talk him out of it, cause he does not have the riding experience, throtle control, riding technique, etc. that is need to handle the r1. Hope he turns out OK.
sad.gif

Back