Hopefully tomorrow I will be a happy boy

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
Hopefully tomorrow GoldenChild's shipment will arrive. Power Commander IIIUSB,K&N air filter,and Pair block offs. If that happens I will be tearing into the Busa. She will get all that installed plus HMF hi-mounts(thanks Old Bats Busa). I'll have a day to get that done,then Wednesday,off to the dyno. Then as the month progresses some gifts from some awesome members should arrive. Thanks guys.:bowdown:(personal thank you's to follow) My screwed up dash panels and mirrors will go bye bye and a new to me hump will be grab rail/storage modded and installed with soon to arrive, 2 peice grab rail from Pashnit's web site.(those guys know what they are doing,buy from them,you can't go wrong).The hump will need paint and so will a stock or double bouble wind screen(can't decide which). Always been a fan of painted screens.The dash inners will also get paint. The touring screen thats on there now will go to GoldenChild if he wants it.Then,thanks to Mc Mustang for the seat gift,I will be installing a New Image seat from Lee. Black sport style,with red kanji.Can hardly wait to sport their work. At the end of the month I will be shaking hands with Daniel in person and grabbing some more things. Undertail,pazzo's,rearsets and or Buell's,galfer lines,etc etc. Can't wait for that day. Wahooo.

Wish me luck...I will need it.:laugh: last Busa was taken from me in 2006(forget most of what I learned there) and I'm a little rusty with the wrenches too. This time I will farm out the paint (dont think I have that in me anymore) and let someone else write the map.

I still miss my painted and polished "Smurf-sickle" as it was nicknamed by Revlis...somebody remind me to punch his nose,next time we meet...and then duck and run.

Polish and chrome is too much up keep for a lazy azz like me so....this one is getting blacked out. A "garden-hose" bike if you will. Easy to clean.More time to ride.

Most guys give there bike's a girls name,but not da' Rubbah.

Before anyone else...Revlis for example... can do it any injustice, I will name this one...

"THE BLACK BASTID" in reference to my Irish heritage and my mean ol' personality. Some folks from the homeland were given that name for a couple of reason's.

The name seems fitting in keeping in touch with me heritage...County Fermanagh,Northern Ireland.

Exit The Smurf-Sickle (pictured below,all done by me)...enter The Black Bastid. (pics to follow has mods get done)

THANK YOU TO ALL MY ORG BROTHERS AND SISTERS FOR THE KIND HELP,AND FOR TOLLERATING ME FOR TEN+ YEARS.
RSD.

house 001.jpg

Holy Shid Bro, it has been ten years... That's funny and by funny I mean Freaky and kinda scary.

Holy Shid Bro, it has been ten years... That's funny and by funny I mean Freaky and kinda scary.

Time fly's when yer havin' fun. Freaky huh? You bet. We were just teenagers back when we got those Busa's.:whistle:

Rubb.

Kinda seems that way, though I haven't bothered with any of that maturity crap I keep hearing about. Still just cannot figure out what the point is... Hell that's kinda a blanket statement for my life in general really...

Hopefully tomorrow GoldenChild's shipment will arrive. Power Commander IIIUSB,K&N air filter,and Pair block offs. If that happens I will be tearing into the Busa. She will get all that installed plus HMF hi-mounts(thanks Old Bats Busa). I'll have a day to get that done,then Wednesday,off to the dyno. Then as the month progresses some gifts from some awesome members should arrive. Thanks guys.:bowdown:(personal thank you's to follow) My screwed up dash panels and mirrors will go bye bye and a new to me hump will be grab rail/storage modded and installed with soon to arrive, 2 peice grab rail from Pashnit's web site.(those guys know what they are doing,buy from them,you can't go wrong).The hump will need paint and so will a stock or double bouble wind screen(can't decide which). Always been a fan of painted screens.The dash inners will also get paint. The touring screen thats on there now will go to GoldenChild if he wants it.Then,thanks to Mc Mustang for the seat gift,I will be installing a New Image seat from Lee. Black sport style,with red kanji.Can hardly wait to sport their work. At the end of the month I will be shaking hands with Daniel in person and grabbing some more things. Undertail,pazzo's,rearsets and or Buell's,galfer lines,etc etc. Can't wait for that day. Wahooo.

Wish me luck...I will need it.:laugh: last Busa was taken from me in 2006(forget most of what I learned there) and I'm a little rusty with the wrenches too. This time I will farm out the paint (dont think I have that in me anymore) and let someone else write the map.

I still miss my painted and polished "Smurf-sickle" as it was nicknamed by Revlis...somebody remind me to punch his nose,next time we meet...and then duck and run.

Polish and chrome is too much up keep for a lazy azz like me so....this one is getting blacked out. A "garden-hose" bike if you will. Easy to clean.More time to ride.

Most guys give there bike's a girls name,but not da' Rubbah.

Before anyone else...Revlis for example... can do it any injustice, I will name this one...

"THE BLACK BASTID" in reference to my Irish heritage and my mean ol' personality. Some folks from the homeland were given that name for a couple of reason's.

The name seems fitting in keeping in touch with me heritage...County Fermanagh,Northern Ireland.

Exit The Smurf-Sickle (pictured below,all done by me)...enter The Black Bastid. (pics to follow has mods get done)

THANK YOU TO ALL MY ORG BROTHERS AND SISTERS FOR THE KIND HELP,AND FOR TOLLERATING ME FOR TEN+ YEARS.
RSD.

Lol...yes, I had forgotten how much of a smartazz bruvver Revlis is. He just zinged me with a LMGTFY link in my other thread. Heheh...all in good fun, though.

The Bastid sounds like it's gonna be one heckuva ride...awesome. Really glad that you're getting back on two wheels. :thumbsup:

hey at least it cleared customs today so it's free...

Ya, my package is now free. Its in a halfway house doing fine I hear. Perhaps it will soon be fully paroled. :laugh:

Good god I'm an' impatient bastid. Guess I'll go ride...get rid of the tension. :thumbsup:

Rubbah 2 Burn.

Thursday or Friday we gonna do a picture day and finalize the set aside stuff from your list...we need to do some nailing down so I can see if I need trailer for trip :rofl:

Ya, my package is now free. Its in a halfway house doing fine I hear. Perhaps it will soon be fully paroled. :laugh:

Good god I'm an' impatient bastid. Guess I'll go ride...get rid of the tension. :thumbsup:

Rubbah 2 Burn.

Thursday or Friday we gonna do a picture day and finalize the set aside stuff from your list...we need to do some nailing down so I can see if I need trailer for trip :rofl:

Picture day COOL. I love me some pics.

Do you know what I love even more thou.

MY package arived. my package arived. Thanks Bro. It all looks good.

Out to the shop I go...

RSD.

Black Bastid? I dunno, I think we can do better... WOrse but better... :)

Kidding, always felt just a little bad that the Smurf thing stuck so quickly.

Kidding, always felt just a little bad that the Smurf thing stuck so quickly.

felt bad? heck he kinda looks like a papa smurf:laugh: j/k rubb, hurry up man we want to see progress pics.

No more Smurfcicle huh? I can't imagine you with a baddass black busa... I was thinking more of a fierce fuschia color for you, but you seem to be full of surprises these days. You obviously copied my idea on the black busa, but knowing how much you admire and want to be just like me I'll cut you some slack. (My busa resurrection in all gloss black is almost complete... pics to come soon.) Seriously, glad to hear all of the parts are coming together for you. -W

Thanks Warren Today The Black bastid got HMF Hi mount system,a K&N air filter and a PCIIIusb. I got all that in today along with pair removal,block offs installed and the small box mod. Just got back from a test blast and she rocks.Feels lighter and has a more centered mass feel. A little nasty down low,but the dyno tomorrow will sort that out. Off to my buddy's shop in the morning to borrow a vacuum guage to sync the bodies the dyno time. Wahoooo.

RSD.

new pipes.jpg

Back