Hopefully soon to be Hayabusa owner

bradysyde

Registered
Hey guys, I'm Brady and i'm from New Prague, Minnesota. I currently do not have a hayabusa but hopefully looking to own one after this upcoming long Minnesota winter. I do own a 03 r6 that i've had for about 2 years now. When I first bought it I instantly fell in love, so much fine to ride, decent power, handles like a dream but than the mod bug hit me. It originally came with the special edition black with red flames and a worn out scorpion exhaust. I got tired of the flames REAL quick. Over last winter I tore it all down and had all the fairings resprayed pearl white, ditched the scorpion exhaust for a olson black shorty, put on a pro bolt black fairing kit, and installed some flush mount turn signals. I also replaced the headlights due to the previous owner hacking in some cheap red halos. I love the bike but am looking to getting something a big bigger and from what i've heard, more comfortable. I'm a speed demon, I also have a 500hp integra that I built top to bottom from a bare shell. Thanks guys, hopefully soon here I'll be posting pictures of a new Hayabusa!

Before:
r6.jpg

After:
IMG_20140607_122326.jpg

IMG_20140607_122438.jpg

My Integra:
IMG_20140527_204444.jpg

Yes, I know there is no upper charge piping in this picture, I was getting a new bov flange welded on.
IMG_20140527_204830.jpg

Sorry if the large pictures!

The white looks a lot better.

Welcome to the org. You will find the busa to be a great bike. You can find them used for pretty good prices too

Thanks guys! I was really hoping to pick one up here locally this spring but just looking through the classifieds here I might just have to fly out....Gonna be a little different trying to get a feel for a hayabusa driving it across some states!

Hi there folks,

I am in the market for a Busa. (Don't know if this is the right place to post this) I live in South Africa.
I have found a beautiful '99 model, full Yoshi 4 into 1 pipe, excellent condition, Bridgestones (95% tread), and 34000km on the clock.
Going price is ZAR 59,900.00.
Do any of you guys think this is a good buy?
Specifically wanted the '99 because of the fact that it wasn't the restricted model, and I've read a lot of people have problems with their Busa's after chipping them.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
:thumbsup:

overpriced unless its a dealer and watch out for the fuel pumps,main fuel lines and suspension/bearings etc which will all need serviced or replaced.

Thanks guys! I was really hoping to pick one up here locally this spring but just looking through the classifieds here I might just have to fly out....Gonna be a little different trying to get a feel for a hayabusa driving it across some states!
Just be sure its what you really want....a busa will initially feel like a super tanker compared to the nimble R6 so apart from top speed what is it you want from your next bike.
given the mods to the car i suspect tuning potential is quite high on the desirability list....a tuned R1 etc will be lighter and sharper.

Back