Honestly

race24x

Registered
OK I have to admit when I went to buy my Busa I was freeked I thought oh my god this thing is so fast and scarry . But when I drove it for the first time I didnt think it went all that good . I rode my 89 GSXR1100 129 RWH 6.6 101 MPH in the eigth mile (we dont have quarter in Maine) that I had for 5 years to this guys house he had my 2000 Blue silver Busa with 750 Miles on it for a hell of a deal . He told me I could take it for a ride if I wanted I brought my girlfriend for its first ride down the road awesome suspension felt a bit bigger and heavier than my lightwieght 1100 I rolled on a couple of times in 4th then 3rd then 2nd I thought it went ok but I was expecting alot more from all I had read I was waiting for the wheelie in 3rd to take me right over .Dont get me wrong I love my bike but with all of the hype I expexted alot more power rip my hands off the handlebars. Since then it has broken in and goes very good I can deffinatly woop my friends 1100 ass badly even 2up but could you guys roll up in a wheelie in 2nd gear will an ATRE make a huge differnece I added a Two Brothers 4-2-1 exhaust but mostly cause I didnt care for the duals and no noise . it is a fast bike dont get me wrong I have seen 185 more than once on the speedo and can go faster than the 1100 in 5th gear I hear alot about power wheelies on the 1000 GSXR in 3rd gear is this alot of hype too ..... Not that I would ever get rid of my Busa when it came out I knew that it would be mine .

Where do you ride 185 mph, an old airport?
nervous.gif

No there is not much up here in Maine you can on the right day up north on I95 or on some other roads not see a car for miles I like the curvey roads better but when I hit a straight stretch its nice to open it up alittle and thats 185 on the speedo from what I have read they are not real accurate so maybe 160 actual ???? dont know really but it was fast

About 169-171 speed actual, most likely. With practice you will se just how much power is really available. Remeber the GSX 100 is a wheelie monster. If you want to have a wheelie monster drop your front gear down.
biggrin.gif
sneaky2.gif

Honestly? OK here goes. Not what I expected. Bought my 02 with 0 miles so had to break it in. Man I'm sick of breaking poop in. Like a fuckin cock tease. I thought the busa  felt really light for it's size, and the handling is sweet for a bike it's size and weight. My last ride was the 1100xx blackbird. Honda. She was my first love. Bought it used with 1000 miles. When I test rode the xx I whacked it in 1st gear and the tire started burning, shifted second and the front end came right up. I immediately turned around and bought the bike. She has since been sold to a good friend whom I ride with a lot. I must admit, I am jealous. Kinda like ex girlfriend syndrome. Back to your question. I expected a lot more power, but with the restrictions on the bike it all adds up to be what I expected. I am definitely satisfied. I expected it to have a lot more than the xx, it really doesn't have much more but it is definitely faster, especially on top. I'm gonna try some mods to get better power wheelies. All in all happy with the busa. Just wish I could have another xx and a zx12 . As far as the gixxer 1k . As many as Ive seen and heard about going over backwards and being totalled and people killed ,well enough said. It makes too much power to be so small. Wait a minute did i say too much,power. I better go  
aktion035.gif

aktion033.gif

Some of this stuff is just such great reading!!
ernaehrung019.gif
ernaehrung019.gif

I'll tell you, I felt somewhat the same way (the wheelie issues and all), but it was obvious to me right from the start, that this bike is a bit 'porky' to be using it as a wheelie machine!
aktion033.gif
Personally, I don't mind a bit - its a commuter bike for me, I cannot believe there is anything with remotely this much power that is MORE stable at speed, and you just have to love that 5k wide powerband above 100mph!!
lookaround.gif
cool.gif

ernaehrung019.gif

Take your Busa and ride it to the Suzuki dealer and go sit on an 1100. You'll be quite surprised how much lighter it is than the Bus.

But me no care. Me likes to take the Bus everywhere!
devil.gif

I personally think the power is awesome. I haven't opened it up 100% in any gear, because I'm still breaking it in. But I can tell you that to me, it seems like a violent *yank* forward when I do get on some.

I can only imagine what 100% wfo is going to be like...

confused.gif
O.K. GUYS I HAVE BEEN ON ALL THE BIKES. THE BUSA IS THE BEST FOR SPEED I RAN A GSXR 1000 LOVED IT I RAN A TEN:O IN THE 1/4 ALSO RAN A HONDA 954RR THE BEST I GOT WAS A TEN:22 THAT WAS TRICKED OUT ALSO ROAD A ZX12R TEN:TEN AND A BUSA WITH A STRAP ON THE FRONT HIT A 9:90 THE THING ABOUT A BUSA IS THAT FOR A LITTLE MOD YOU CAN RUN CIRCLES AROUND THE REST...YEAH I CAN SEE WHAT YOU GUYS ARE TALKING ABOUT THE HYPE AND ALL BUT IT JUST DEPENDS WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR ? FOR ME IT IS THE TORQUE AND SPEED AND BY FAR I GOT IT WITH THE BUSA..
ernaehrung004.gif
GOOD LUCK AND SORRY IT DIDN'T MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS..ALL OF MINE WERE MEET ...

1_4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It could also be relative. This bike is very smooth and speed can be decieving. I have gotten used to the power on mine and sometimes think it is 'missing something'. Then I get on another bike and quickly notice the difference.

I do know many have over-hyped the busa. I have even been told (by an idiot salesman, no less), that it would "damn near flip when downshifting two gears on the highway," in addition to loads of other bullshit I have heard. But, all in all, I think it lives up to its name and I am very glad I did not settle for any other bike.

thumbs-up.gif

ALLMOTOR, what mods do you have done? Nice to see another drag racer ! But you need to work on those 60's! HAHAHAHAHA

lachen011.gif
I am working on my sixty foot this was my first time on the bike and my starter clutch went out after my first pass. My sixty foots are in the 1:50's most of the time .. The bike has web cams and head work with a small bore kit. This bike should run low 9's when I get used to it....Mabey even a high 8  Has anyone else had a starter clutch problem? You bet I drag race could not do with out it...My wife didn't like it at first but she got a big life insurance policy on me and now she cheers me on.. She does go to the track now but I really think she is getting into it for real..will post more time slips when I make more runs...

I dont want anyone to think I dont love my Busa its the best bike out there hands down I just had a big image of hang the hell on wheelies from all the hype it goes good does great wheelies etc smooth low end power I just was lead on by all of the expectations from everyone (that didnt own one) talking about it ...

Back