Honestly I looked, but it is male genome interference

2hip

Registered
Busa Men, My HID install is done but when I am driving the low lamp HID is aimed to low and slightly to the left. When I hit the high beam is is aimed to much left also. I have read that book half a dozen times, examined the pics in the book and I just don't see where you do the adjustment...I am enclosing a pic or two of the back of the lights. I found one black plasic knob near the upper left corner...near the rubber gasket that goes around the low beam headlight...but I can't understand if it is the correct thing...please help me before some guy shoots me...2hip

DSC02980.JPG

DSC02979.JPG

The headlight adjustments are bolts, the up/down bolt is lower left, and the Left/Right adjustment is on the right. There are directions in the owners manual. They DO NOT adjust independently. It moves as one unit. The problem i had was when I had the low beam where I wanted it, the dang hi beam was pointing up to the trees. I did find a way to get around it if you want to look at that thread.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/new-2008-busa-threads/94451-08-hi-lo-beam-adjustment.html

The headlight adjustments are bolts, the up/down bolt is lower left, and the Left/Right adjustment is on the right. There are directions in the owners manual. They DO NOT adjust independently. It moves as one unit. The problem i had was when I had the low beam where I wanted it, the dang hi beam was pointing up to the trees. I did find a way to get around it if you want to look at that thread.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/new-2008-busa-threads/94451-08-hi-lo-beam-adjustment.html

+1 Thatz how itz done :beerchug:

2hip -

You need to go back in seal up the wire exit on this rubber boot. Even if its nothing more than carefully placed electric tape... you do NOT want to leave this orifice open as it is in the above photo. Trust me. If left like it is, then over time, dirt/dust will enter the inside of your low-beam housing, and it is zero-fun to try to clean it out.

2hip -

You need to go back in seal up the wire exit on this rubber boot. Even if its nothing more than carefully placed electric tape... you do NOT want to leave this orifice open as it is in the above photo. Trust me. If left like it is, then over time, dirt/dust will enter the inside of your low-beam housing, and it is zero-fun to try to clean it out.

That is good advice War never really thought about that also might want to go back to the low beam some kits require you to use a rubber gasket on the back of the low beam bulb that may help straighten it out :beerchug:

My low beam was adjusted too low after I did my HID install. There should be a bolt at the top right of the housing, just few turns clockwise( I think) should raise it up. The side to side bolt is down low.

There should be a bolt at the top right of the housing, just few turns clockwise( I think) should raise it up. The side to side bolt is down low.

This must be for Gen I bikes, because the above is not correct for the Gen II bikes.

For the K8, you adjust the beamcast using a phillips-head screwdriver, inserted up from the bottom of the headlight housing. In order to access these adjustments, you need to remove the nose chin piece..... held by four plastic push-pins.

As you sit on the bike, the vertical beamcast adjustment is the left-hand-side adjuster, the horizontal beamcast adjustment is the right-hand-side adjuster.

All of this is covered on page 9B-3 of your K8 Service Manual, including pictures of the adjusters I mention above.

Hope this helps....:cool:

This must be for Gen I bikes, because the above is not correct for the Gen II bikes.

For the K8, you adjust the beamcast using a phillips-head screwdriver, inserted up from the bottom of the headlight housing. In order to access these adjustments, you need to remove the nose chin piece..... held by four plastic push-pins.

As you sit on the bike, the vertical beamcast adjustment is the left-hand-side adjuster, the horizontal beamcast adjustment is the right-hand-side adjuster.

All of this is covered on page 9B-3 of your K8 Service Manual, including pictures of the adjusters I mention above.

Hope this helps....:cool:

My bad, sorry about that!

Actually you can use a phillps from the bottom, But you have to remove the plastic gaurd or drill thru it or a 10 mm from behind the gauge cluster. You might want to check your bulb tightness. When I did mine I found it to be real loose and would move around a little on the top side of the holder. So I took the metal clip out and put a chunk of solder right on the bend and that worked great. Aim is still to the right a little on the High bean but I rarely use it with the HID anyway...

Warchild, thanks for the headsup on plugging hole...Man, I never would have thought about it...tx, 2hip

Back