honest opinions

edsmini

Registered
honest opinions on better engine performance

hi guys,

i am nearing the end on my busa powered car and looking to enhance the engine performance without going mad.

2004 uk model busa, with barnett clutch and springs. full stainless 4-2-1 system. pair valve removed. pipercross foam air filter.

what would you recommend to get more performance from the engine?

tre?
power commander?

any help would be much appreciated as always.

turbos and superchargers are out of the question for now. but i will be asking santa for a turbo next year :-) i realize that there is a few £££/$$$ involved in fitting a turbo.

Ed

Power Commander V, of course, and a good tune. Digging into the engine at all?

not yet, i would ideally get another engine, and do the insides along with a turbo. do you think i could mod my own engine at a reasonable cost? what do you recommend?

Cheers,

Ed

Of course! You can do anything from just a good port job on the head to a whole new rebuild! Looking anywhere from a couple hundred bucks to a few thousand though depending on what you do. I'm about to drop a little over $4000 into my motor alone! :beerchug:

the problem i have is that i live in the uk, and to be honest im not sure who would be able to fit a PC and then be able to rolling road it? i would probably buy the PC from USA as they are much less expensive :-)

i have been looking at fitting new cams, but i think for now i will fit a PC then when i do the turbo engine i can fit cams, pistons, rods etc everything is so expensive in the uk compared to the usa, its so frustrating

Cheers,

Ed

Just buy from someone here on the org, plenty of sponsers to get you going!

Back