honda's

Maybe Harley will finally make a decent machine worth the money then...
laugh.gif

Edward Aaron of RBC Capital Markets Corp. said a buyout by Honda would be "highly unlikely" for both regulatory and cultural reasons.

"This speculation is unfounded, in our view, and is likely to subside," he said, referring to a rumor first reported on a trading Web site.[/Quote]

Last week we were reading about a merger with Ducati. Hardley will always simply be Hardley until they fade away like Indian.

I hope there's a hostile takeover of HD from another Bike brand someday.

Eh....won't happen. Although I think it would be a good thing.
Get them out of the single minded crap they put out

laugh.gif

Wouldnt be the first time harley was sold. back in the 70's it sold to amf and that where they got the rep as leaking oil, always broke down ect....

Im done with harleys. over priced peices of chrome

or as I use to say growing up

20k chrome vibrator

Man, Harley is making so much money its not even funny.
There is no other business on the planet that could use their approach; sell the same product year, after year, after year and raise the already insanely high price year, after year, after year and still sell your wares as quick as you can stamp them out.... Ok, maybe oil companies can pull it off too...

Gotta at least give them some ups for that!

Heck who would not want buy that outfit?

I like my '05 Harley Davidson Super Glide Sport because I accept it's limitations. However, this is the last HD I will ever purchase because of those limitations of bad brakes, handling and performance. Even upgrading the engine with Screaming Eagle parts such as a big bore kit, cams, larger fuel injection, new pipes and a remap was an expensive disappointment.

(thebbbusa @ Jun. 29 2007,20:37) Wow, I wonder how the 'harley boys' will react to something like that.
laugh.gif
 Or better yet, when they find out its been built partially with imported parts assembled in America by illegal immigrants. J/k  
tounge.gif

they're already built with imported parts, just built in america like toyoya automobiles. just ask anyone whos torn one down and isnt afraid to admit it. im no harley hater and ride with a lot of guys that own them. id own one myself if they accelerated, stopped and handled decently

Article states that Harley has a "high margin profile" i.e, they get waaaaay more for the bike they sell than it costs for them to make it. It is truly amazing how people will pay so much for something just to get the brand name, just to fit in. It would be interesting to know the actual cost of say, a $25,000.00 Harley.
rock.gif

I pick up a 04 fxsti  two years ago. 16 k out the door and 7k in upgrades.  6 month after purchase I had to have the frame replaced due to broken poor quality welds. I almost had to sue the company to get it warrantied. After taking a full photo write up and promised to expose the company  in any and all media outlets possible they finally agreed to hold up their end. Personaly I hope some one would by them out and burn down the plant.
Until the I will keep my big shiny tractor in the garage and ride the busa till the wheels fall off.

da_grls.JPG

(jpracecraft @ Jun. 30 2007,07:52) I pick up a 04 fxsti two years ago. 16 k out the door and 7k in upgrades. 6 month after purchase I had to have the frame replaced due to broken poor quality welds. I almost had to sue the company to get it warrantied. After taking a full photo write up and promised to expose the company in any and all media outlets possible they finally agreed to hold up their end. Personaly I hope some one would by them out and burn down the plant.
Until the I will keep my big shiny tractor in the garage and ride the busa till the wheels fall off.
If you would be so kind as to give me the big shiny tractor, I promise to sell it and buy an 08 Busa!!
biggrin.gif

A few weeks back i was in the area so i walked into harley davidson of fort lauderdale just for the heck of it.Youd be surprised at the things i saw in there with the harley label on them.Baby feeder bottles,towels,just about everything you can use in your house including a computer mouse to a blender.
Their products might suck but i was shocked at how people were paying that overpriced stuff simply because of the HD logo on it.
They are making SERIOUS money thats for sure.

(Big Red @ Jun. 29 2007,23:24) I like my '05 Harley Davidson Super Glide Sport because I accept it's limitations. However, this is the last HD I will ever purchase because of those limitations of bad brakes, handling and performance. Even upgrading the engine with Screaming Eagle parts such as a big bore kit, cams, larger fuel injection, new pipes and a remap was an expensive disappointment.
Ditto, I had a Buell. After 4000.00 in engine upgrades it was still a slug and to top it off the new starter leaked oil so badly it was all over the back tire.
AAAssjani.gif

I had to get rid of it after I was missing gear 2 quite often I thought the transmission was about to go and was tired of pouring money in to a bike that sat in the shop more than on the road.
guns.gif

(DAB @ Jun. 30 2007,01:21) I believe that Honda wants the Hardley engine for their line of lawn mowers....
Why would they do that.......then their mowers would get a reputation for being unreliable and leaking oil.......
ices_rofl.gif

guns.gif
HARLEY

Bill

Back