Honda's machines are so good - it sucks!

brpo

Registered
I love MotoGP but Yamaha and in particular Honda are sucking the life out of the competition.

Great ride for Dani in the rain today. He was riding right on the edge and almost binned a couple times but rode it out!

The GP is not very popular in Mexico so no GP on TV arround here... Just soccer, soccer and oh I forgot, more "#$%& soccer... :banghead:

The GP is not very popular in Mexico so no GP on TV arround here... Just soccer, soccer and oh I forgot, more "#$%& soccer... :banghead:[/QUOTE

If you have internet, you have motoGP. Never miss a beat with a video pass subscription. :thumbsup:

Pre-season testing, practice sessions, QP, LIVE RACES, uninterrupted and with out commercials, interviews, after the flag....
Not to mention the years of archived material....

motogp.com · Pedrosa grabs championship lead with French GP win

Love the Moto GP

Honda and Yamaha seem to have better bikes, but the motors are all doing the same speeds down the straight. I think it may be that Honda and Yamaha have better chassis and suspension...

A race is not a race if there is no competition. It's entertainment!

In my view, electronics ride by wire has completely removed the fun factor for the viewer. It seems the electronics technicians are now more important than rider skill.

In my view, electronics ride by wire has completely removed the fun factor for the viewer. It seems the electronics technicians are now more important than rider skill.

I'm not a track guy so I don't know much, but I would bet just like forms of drag racing once it gets too far out of a normal persons perspective it'll lose fan base and relevance. Hopefully it'll come back around and won't die out

My friend with a 2012 R1 says the electronic throttle is useless in 1st gear for street riding.
Says the throttle is on and off like a light switch, and just too twitchy(I haven't ridden it yet, and have always disliked R1's handling and weak engines anyway).
Surely that can be corrected somehow, but it's an evolution in bike/car technology that myself and many others are against.
I'll take a mechanical failure closing or sticking the throttle all day over electronics controlling it.

I probably sound like one of you old bastid's complaining about them newfangled fuel-injected motorcycles:laugh:
At least that worked out good.

You're right... It's entertainment! Probably why I still enjoy it. The only "competition" is usually well behind the leader (Jorge,Dani,Marc) fighting for the last spot on the podium or for the 5th or 6th spot.

BTW - in Texas even Yamaha conceded the race to Honda before the first rider had tipped into a corner. Such is the state of Moto GP racing these days.

The only Races I get on Speed this year is Moto GP & Moto 2. I can watch these races on my computer. I think I'll give up my subscription to the Speed Channel ($10 a month) British Super Bike is were the action is right now but I can't watch it on Speed this season.

Back