Honda's '09 disappointment

Justyntym

The Pessimistic Optimist
Donating Member
Registered
Well along with Zuks new pics of the '09s on the website...

Honda has released theirs as well...

No New V5 1000 interceptor...(same old bike)

No New updated Goldwing...(same old Wingabago)

No naked CB1000R...(like the U.K. market gets)
Check out the honda U.K. website...
Honda (UK)

That's kinda disappointing....:banghead:

Their marketing people have been watching the sales fugures through the years and the figures show, big standards just don't sell that well in the States compared to Europe. How many B-Kings have you seen?
Main reason IMO that they don't sell here is because of the neuter factor. All standards are a detuned or "tuned for torque" version of the sportbike motor the're based on, including the CB1000, and that just doesn't appeal to the high performance bike market in the good ol US of A.:2cents:

Last edited:
Is the difference in style because of the large open roads of the US compared to the smaller roads in the UK/Euro scene?

This is odd. I was bored so I went and compared the Honda US site to the Honda Canada site. There are a few disparities between the two. I havent seen this much difference in their offerings between us since the 80's

1. CBR100RR- The US gets three color schemes (including the repsol scheme) for the standard model and one for the ABS model. Canada gets 4 colors for the standard model (No repsol) and 3 for the ABS model (including the Repsol)
2. CBR600RR- US lists 5 color schemes for the standard model and 2 for the ABS model. Canada lists 3 color schemes for the standard model and doens't even offer the ABS model???
3. Interceptor- In the US you can get the standard model in Black or the ABS model in Black. Canada No non-abs option is offered and only in silver.
4. New DN-01- Offered in either red or black. Canda only offered in Black.
5. CBR125R- Only offered in Canada and in 3 color schemes.
6. Honda CBF1000- Not offered in the US.
7. CRF 230M - Not offered in Canada.
8. Varadero- Not offered in the US

Your right about the B-King and the US market.... I own the King and a Busa, both great bikes. I have put 5000 miles on my B-King and have yet to see another on the road.. Thats ok by me, I like being different. Most people sell the B-King short thinking its detuned... Its just tuned for the bottom end and up to 160mph... The thing is a blast off the line and running the 1/4 mile....

Your right about the B-King and the US market.... I own the King and a Busa, both great bikes. I have put 5000 miles on my B-King and have yet to see another on the road.. Thats ok by me, I like being different. Most people sell the B-King short thinking its detuned... Its just tuned for the bottom end and up to 160mph... The thing is a blast off the line and running the 1/4 mile....

Right...and I know there are a bunch of 'busa owners who have never ventured into the nether-lands of their speedometers (150+), so...even more your point!

:beerchug:

Right...and I know there are a bunch of 'busa owners who have never ventured into the nether-lands of their speedometers (150+), so...even more your point!

:beerchug:

+1 True dat, it just Pisses me off(especially this year) when you see your "DREAM BIKE"(have mine already, but NTP) and you cant buy it.....EVEN though its a "Production" offered motorcycle; meaning not a concept, Because it's "ONLY" :firedevil: sold in the UK or Canada!!! :firing: And im SURE they(uk,canada peeps) feel the same :banghead: I know for a FACT, that with the colors offered this year for the bus, If i was looking at buying an 09 i'd want the blk/gld scheme and GUESS WHAT?________NOPE! Only offered in Canada! :wtf: Ok im done now :rant: :laugh:

Back