Honda turning concept bike into production

justin726

Registered
I forgot about this concept bike, but apparently Honda actually has it ready for production. Quite a mix between sportbike, cruiser, and scooter. I'm liking the styling of the bike, but to bad it doesn't have a bit bigger motor.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN....duction

DN_01.jpg

I don't like it....cause to me?...here's what i see...

1. "A Complete Lack Of Functionality": i mean here we have a bike whose ergo's suggest that the rider assume the position of "sit-up-and-beg" complete with an almost goldwing'ish rise on the handlebars yet.....this thing has a front fairing that's lower and more windswept than most of the sportbikes on todays market?...wtf
rock.gif
....end result?...even if i slam myself to the tank and tuck in like a monkey hump'in a football all this fairing i'm lugging around will achieve the same result.."Wind Turbulance"....that gets blasted right onto the catholic school girl positioned riders upper body.....all the time....and for what did we trade a nice "Clean Wind" ride for a turbulant one?....oh...that's right...so we could ride an underpowered 680cc stand V-Twin with a 3/4 fairing that looks like it came out of a jetsons cartoon?
laugh.gif

2. Here?...Honda debuts a FURTISTIC looking concept bike gone production and they stick conventional forks on it that look like they came out of the spare part bins of yesteryear?

and finally?...

3. "This Bike Was Flawed From Concept": as i believe there's a reason that the whole concept of the word "CATAGORY" came about as a matter of mans tastes and desires refining and evolving into state-of-the-art catagories...and the idea here is to digress and mix'em all up all over again so we can bullshid ourselves into believing that the bike we ride does anything real well?...okay..so not "Real Well"....how about just....."well"?..can it do "WELL" at anything?

My final judgement?...it's a concept bike alright...aimed at the entry level rider who doesn't have a freaking clue what he's looking at...so that if honda's new hydraulic drive system fails on the commercial market?...the consumer base they affect will be...well....indecisive at best!
laugh.gif

JMHO & L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

laugh.gif

I like the looks, but it looks like Jinkster's right about the suitability of the ergos to the fairing and windscreen. I'd say it would make a very cool downtown cruiser, though
smile.gif

I think if you were to put some Hard bags on it, it would be great for a touring model kind of like the connie, or the FJR

I like the look, but I am pretty much against any and all twins now. You know this thing won't make the power to match it's look.

This is an excellent example of form over function

(Cerberus @ Oct. 04 2007,08:39) Hmmm.....hydraulic drive system.....intresting.  
lurk.gif
The old Suzuki Show bikes used Hydraulic drives as well! Falco Rustyco and possibly the Nuda as well.

1985_FalcoRustyco_l.jpg

Back