Honda has not made me happy

Justyntym

The Pessimistic Optimist
Donating Member
Registered
I've always loved Honda's...they make quality stuff and don't seem to care what others are doing. More along the lines of carefully thought out evolution rather than knee jerk latest trend. Their sport bikes don't always have the most horsepower but the total package adds up to more than the sum of the parts as Honda's (at least in the mags) seem easier to ride fast and turn in great lap times, always the fastest or close to depending on which rider is on it.Anyway, everything I've read says the new cbr1000rr is one seriously bad arse bike. Personally...I hate the stubby way it looks though. If it doesn't stir me just sitting there in the garage....fuhgetaboutit. There are enough great looking bikes I can't push to the limit anyway.So here I am perusing my lastest mag acquisition "Superbike" it's U.K. mag...And I see....  
eek2.gif
The Honda CB1000R 
eek2.gif
The naked version of the fireblade.

Check this OUT

gallery_large_01.jpg

Honda U.K. link

I like the idea of a naked sportbike for everyday rider, I'm just pissed cause so far this looks like a U.K. only bike
wtf.gif

If this thing came to the US, I'd be all over this.

eek2.gif

IM DEFINATELY gonna have to look into gettin a HONDA next year to add to the SUZUKI and YAMAHA sittin in the garage!

That thing looks gooooooood!

Finally, a replacement for the doddering 919. Wonder if we'll get it for '09, and hopefully it isn't too "tuned for torque".

Sweet. I totally agree with your comment that Honda doesn't typically care what others are doing. That holds true in everything they do (cars/trucks, included).

That bike is hawt, hawt, hawt.

I'm a 'busa purist, though.

Sweet. I totally agree with your comment that Honda doesn't typically care what others are doing. That holds true in everything they do (cars/trucks, included).

That bike is hawt, hawt, hawt.
+2 about Honda marching to their own tune. They blew everyone away in '97 when they created the ST/GT/HT class with the 'Bird....then abandoned it after 5 years instead of updating like the 'Busa or 14?!? There are thousands of us hopeful every September....but then ultimately disappointed
banghead.gif

All they seem interested in anymore are GoldWings & robots....And then when they do come out with a really cool bike....It's Europe or Asia only!!!
spank.gif

This bike kinda reminds me of the B-King....minus the ginormous tank & bazooka exhaust cannons

Ewww...I miss the old Hornet. I'm sure that this one's better; nothing stands still in sportbikes. Maybe it just needs a round headlight and a fly screen to look right?

I've always loved Honda's...they make quality stuff and don't seem to care what others are doing. More along the lines of carefully thought out evolution rather than knee jerk latest trend. Their sport bikes don't always have the most horsepower but the total package adds up to more than the sum of the parts as Honda's (at least in the mags) seem easier to ride fast and turn in great lap times, always the fastest or close to depending on which rider is on it.Anyway, everything I've read says the new cbr1000rr is one seriously bad arse bike. Personally...I hate the stubby way it looks though. If it doesn't stir me just sitting there in the garage....fuhgetaboutit. There are enough great looking bikes I can't push to the limit anyway.So here I am perusing my lastest mag acquisition "Superbike" it's U.K. mag...And I see....  
eek2.gif
The Honda CB1000R 
eek2.gif
The naked version of the fireblade.

Check this OUT

gallery_large_01.jpg

Honda U.K. link

I like the idea of a naked sportbike for everyday rider, I'm just pissed cause so far this looks like a U.K. only bike  
wtf.gif

If this thing came to the US, I'd be all over this.
It'll be detuned to put out about 2/3rds the hp of the CBR1000RR. Every naked version of a hot performing sportbike gets the typical "naked neutering". I'll never by a naked version of any hot bike....better off buying the hot bike and making it the "naked" version yourself with the nakeds parts. You can sell the original bodywork and probably cover the minimal parts needed to convert the hot bike to naked with money left over
winkold.gif
Easier and cheaper than trying to replace the naked versions milder cams, lower compression, smaller throttle bodies, more restrictive exhaust/airbox, less aggressive ecu mapping, and all the other power robbers that the naked versions always get
puke.gif
Plus the naked versions always get cut rate brakes and suspension....and alot of times a cheaper heavier frame. Basically they're using the hot bikes name to sell an underpowered parts bin special.
Suzuki's the only company who has realized we don't want a weak ass, watered down naked version of a hot sportbike. We want an easier to work on, more comfy standard style bike with THE SAME power as the plastic covered, bend over and kiss your tank bike.........we just want the more user friendly version, ergonomically and maintainence wise
winkold.gif
Suzuki got that right with the B-King......all the power of a busa, but designed for guys who want more comfort but STILL WANT THE POWER!!!
PAY ATTENTION HONDA KAWASAKI AND YAMAHA
winkold.gif

eek2.gif

winkold.gif

winkold.gif

Back