Honda CBR 1200 XX

S7R4NGER

Registered
I heard Honda will present this year it's new model... The CBR 1200 XX.

Does anyone know something about this?

Does anyone prefer Honda to Suzuki? Did you buy the Hayabusa because it is faster and better looking, but you prefered if it was made by Honda?

Is it forbidden to talk about the other manufacturers? Please say something... I want to hear you comments... HELP ME !!!

Yes, it is forbidden to discuss Honda's on this site.  Only members who have gotten too old to ride fast get Honda's!

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

OK I am sort of a Bastard when it comes to this...I have owned two Suzukis and one Honda...And I'll tell you all, Suzuki has all the emotion, soul and power. Honda has the quality and reliability. Especially Hondas Fit and Finish it just rocks. I am not saying Suzuki is bad, just that Honda does it a little nicer. The Blackbird may have been a bit slow, a bit heavy, and didn't handle quite as well at the edge but man...That thing was crazy smooth...No vibes and the sweetest intake sounds this side of an F-16.
I love my Busa, it is everything I could every ask of a bike performance and looks wise (allmost). But if Honda builds a sharp looking 1200 sporty bike with some serious intent and Interceptor looks...I might actually trade in the Bus...Maybe...
If they build a V-Five or a V-four at 1200cc's I am gone...That sound is just...Amazing...

I had a '98 Interceptor before my Busa. I honestly don't think there is a 'fit and finish' difference or a 'build quality' difference between those two bikes. They are both well made, put together well, comfortable and reliable (in my experience.)

The trouble with the Blackbird is that it has leaned strongly in the touring direction of sport-touring. Big, wide, comfy, tall, great wind protection. Yes, it is also a very fast hole in the wind with a great motor and those large displacement sounds we have all some to love. But, lacking a certain sporting potential I prefer in my bikes.

Now that the speed wars are unoffically done and over, I would be very surprised to see Honda make the Blackbird sportier, more aerodynamic, lower, and faster on the top end. In other words, more like the Busa. If anything they'll go the other way with design and styling -- conservative and comfortable.

FLCN72, If you didn't notice a difference in fit and finish, control feel and the like, you weren't paying attention... Like I said I love my busa but lets look at some of the Fatest, ugliest welds in the industry, Controls that lack feel, crap brakes, rattles, squeeks...etc. Minor little niggles to be sure but still you would think Suzuki would make a better effort on their Flagship ride.

And if you look at the rest of the Honda line, especaily the new 954, the 600RR, and even the Interceptor (design anyway) and Honda looks to be trying to get harder. I agree they are not probably going to mess with the 1100XX top end, but there's alot more to bike than that. Lets see if Honda can put about 160HP and about 110FtLbs of torque in something and see what happens. There is a new Honda 1000 coming next year that is all sports oriented to compete with the GSXR 1000, and R1 on a even field. We'll see. Come Mid 2004 you can tell me I am full of it.

Rumors of a GP inspired V-5 for the street have been circulating for awhile and from a development/financial point of view it would help them recoupe the development costs of their GP motor...and you know how SHWEEEET Honda V's sound...

I do agree that the Honda fit/fin is slightly better still.....but years ago it was miles ahead. Everone else is gettin better cept for maybe Yam....the R series bikes look terrible as far as fit/finish is concerned.

Well, in my lifetime, I've owned three Suzukis and one Honda. Now granted, that Honda has been, to date, the only new bike I've ever owned, but it was also by far the best...so far. 65.000 miles in less than three years, folks, without any mechanical problems.
Having said that, I can tell you that I'm in the market for a new bike. I had just about decided on the Blackbird, and the research that I did turned me towards wanting a BUSA instead. The suspension is years ahead of what the Blackbird is offering. And I don't like the idea of linked brakes. We'll see what Honda comes up with next year...hopefully, they won't butcher the design of an already beautiful bike like they did with the VFR this past year.

hopefully, they won't butcher the design of an already beautiful bike like they did with the VFR this past year.
agreed...... ain't that the truth.
Blasphamy!!!  The new Interceptor is Shweet!  Fresh and original.  If it made 175HP I would be on one now.  
wow.gif

I dunno, I really like the new Interceptor though, I think it's pretty cool.

I wish the Busa would get a bit of a facelift.  I love my Busa trust me I think it's the best bike I have ever owned, but the looks held me back for three years hoping they would do something different to it.  All Black helped me though.

The ladies seem to dig it's looks though, I get more positive comments and stares from the hotties than anything.  Which is good...

hopefully, they won't butcher the design of an already beautiful bike like they did with the VFR this past year.
agreed...... ain't that the truth.
Blasphamy!!!  The new Interceptor is Shweet!  Fresh and original.  If it made 175HP I would be on one now.  
wow.gif

I dunno, I really like the new Interceptor though, I think it's pretty cool.

I wish the Busa would get a bit of a facelift.  I love my Busa trust me I think it's the best bike I have ever owned, but the looks held me back for three years hoping they would do something different to it.  All Black helped me though.

The ladies seem to dig it's looks though, I get more positive comments and stares from the hotties than anything.  Which is good...
Every where I go I have people asking me what it is.....how fast it is......how much it is.....how much power......yadayadayada.
At first I wasn't positive about the Busa's looks, but now I love it......very original.
For me it would take more like 200hp to buy an Interceptor......so I guess I won't be doin that anytime soon.
Personal preference....that's what it's all about!!!!!!!
My Moto.........The world would be a boring place if we were all the same!!!!

1) WTF is an interceptor?
2) A V5 would be sweet, both sound-wise and power-wise (well ... torque-wise)
3) Will that 1000cc supersport be a follow-up of the Blade or something entirely new?

1) WTF is an interceptor?
2) A V5 would be sweet, both sound-wise and power-wise (well ... torque-wise)
3) Will that 1000cc supersport be a follow-up of the Blade or something entirely new?
1. It's a motorcycle Dumbass...
wow.gif

biggrin.gif
The Bike Formerly known as a Honda VFR.  Previously known as the Interceptor back in the day...

2.Honda's new GP bike is a V-Five and by all accounts sounds amazing...rumors are the new 1000 may have a similar engine, (Rumor Only)

3. This one I dunno, I think it may be a replacement for the a...Blade did you say...954RR.  Or a new Supersport all on it's own.  But It's just rumors and spy photos right now.

Just playing about the dumbass thing...

Revlis, MOnsta, and FLCN72

You guys all have made some very valid points about Honda and its line of bikes. To be perfectly honest, I do like the look of the Interceptor. It's something about those exhaust pipes under the seat that gets me. I personally don't know how that thing handles, but I think it is slightly overpriced. Now what you guys say about the Blackbird is true in different aspects. It is a widebody. I sat my Busa next to my buddies Blackbird and the Blackbird is longer and wider than the Busa. The design is pretty cool and the exhaust sounds super. Don't like the intergrated braking system either. My buddy doesn't even like it. I kinda like the signal lights in the mirrors, but that slightly detracts from it being a true sport bike, but it does have a superb ride. I like the sporty look also. The Busa looks ten times better with the rear fender removed. I rambled and said all that to say..."I AGREE AND SLIGHTLY DISAGREE WITH YOU GUYS"

Brian

Damn good point with the linked brakes Bacharles,

First time I took the Blackbird up into the twisties after I got comfortable I was running into the corners pretty hard and I kept hearing what sounded like a Jeep sliding it's tires...repeatadly...I was starting to wonder how the hell is there some kinda 4X4 behind me keeping up? Turns out it was the rear tire sliding along the asphalt unloaded and almost locked, look behind me and viola, lots of big Ole' Darkies...

And what the hell kinda bike does not allow Burnouts?

Interceptor overpriced? Uh Yeah I'll give you that...Sweet looking though. I am thinking that eventually a Silver 03' interceptor will find it's way into my garage along with the Bus. Can't have just one...

1) It was never called that over here, the VFR, always ...
2) You mean the RC211 Rossi uses to make everything and everyone else look slow? I've heard of it ... vaguely
cool.gif

3) A Fireblade is called a 954RR in the states ... I like Blade better
tounge.gif

Maybe they've never called them Interceptors cross the pond.[/QUOTE]
Indeed they do not ...

To sum up:
- An interceptor is a VFR
- A 954RR is a Fireblade
- A TVR is a VTR
- A Busa is fast

1) It was never called that over here, the VFR, always ...
2) You mean the RC211 Rossi uses to make everything and everyone else look slow? I've heard of it ... vaguely  
cool.gif

3) A Fireblade is called a 954RR in the states ... I like Blade better  
tounge.gif

Maybe they've never called them Interceptors cross the pond.
Indeed they do not ...

To sum up:
- An interceptor is a VFR
- A 954RR is a Fireblade
- A TVR is a VTR
- A Busa is fast[/QUOTE]
We use Fireblade, VFR and VTR here too.
Oh yeah...the Busa is fast!!!!!

Back