Honda CBR 1200 XX

Now to totally muddy the waters of this conversational thread with some comments that don't even mention the Blackbird...

The new Interceptor/VFR has some great styling cues, especially the back end. Those underseat exhausts are very cool. The front end doesn't do it for me though. It think it is the front turn signals that turn me off, so to speak.

I just got home form a local Suzuki-Yamaha-Honda dealer. They had a new Yamaha R1 in black with red flames next to a new Suzuki GSXR1000 in silver. This is the first time I got a first hand look at the new Gixxer 1000. It is cool. Very light. But... The R1 had plastics that fit it much better. And seemed to go together much better than the new Gixxer. Things lined up better around the front fairing.

These are not the sort of things that indicate there is anything wrong with either bike. But in terms of appearance and an anal-retentive attention to detail, my hat is off to Yamaha. Even the wires and cables were nicely dressed and arranged.

Down the line a bit was a new Honda CBR954RR. Another nice bike. But I didn't feel that the fit and finish of it was any better than the Gixxer1000. Though I will admit, I did not pay attention to the welds on any of these bikes.

Oh, on a side note. They had one of those 40th anniversary Orange Busas there. Very cool looking bike. Under the indoor lighting it had a burnt dark metallic hue. To those guys who have them or have them ordered: Congrats! They look great.

1) It was never called that over here, the VFR, always ...
2) You mean the RC211 Rossi uses to make everything and everyone else look slow? I've heard of it ... vaguely  
cool.gif

3) A Fireblade is called a 954RR in the states ... I like Blade better  
tounge.gif

Maybe they've never called them Interceptors cross the pond.
Indeed they do not ...

To sum up:
- An interceptor is a VFR
- A 954RR is a Fireblade
- A TVR is a VTR
- A Busa is fast[/QUOTE]
Yeah We never got to enjoy the
Yamaha Thunderace, Fj1100 or something instead.
Nor Thundercat.

At least the Busa is a Busa World over...

AND WHERE IS YOUR AVATAR?
rock.gif
?

2) You mean the RC211 Rossi uses to make everything and everyone else look slow? I've heard of it ... vaguely  
cool.gif

tounge.gif

Indeed they do not ...

To sum up:
- A 954RR is a Fireblade
- A TVR is a VTR
- A Busa is fast
Nor Thundercat.

rock.gif
?[/QUOTE]
That's not true....the Thunderace in the US is (was) the YZF1000, only imported for one year before the R1 came out. The Thundercat is still imported to the US as the YZF600, a slightly less sporty bike than the R6.
Yeah, I like under tail exhausts too, but the whole look of the Interceptor doesn't do it for me...too many sharp, almost vertical angles. Not to mention that it weighs more than an ST1100. That's a Pan European to you folks in the UK.

I just got home form a local Suzuki-Yamaha-Honda dealer.  They had a new Yamaha R1 in black with red flames next to a new Suzuki GSXR1000 in silver.  This is the first time I got a first hand look at the new Gixxer 1000.  It is cool.  Very light.  But...  The R1 had plastics that fit it much better.  And seemed to go together much better than the new Gixxer.  Things lined up better around the front fairing.

These are not the sort of things that indicate there is anything wrong with either bike.  But in terms of appearance and an anal-retentive attention to detail, my hat is off to Yamaha.  Even the wires and cables were nicely dressed and arranged.
Except for the R series panels and tank that look like they're just hangin in the middle of nowhere.
If you look right below the headlights....the side panel looks like it is an extra bolton peice added to what could be a retro bike without it.
Then there's the extremely visible engine hangin out the bottom......the piece of plastic between the frame and the tank....what the heck kinda workmanship is that......then the rear fender that was another afterthought piece....and the stupid lookin front fender that looks like they borrowed it from a moped.
At least the hugger looks cool.

Yes, it is forbidden to discuss Honda's on this site.  Only members who have gotten too old to ride fast get Honda's!

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
No such thng as to old for speed. A Busa is a Busa. Honda is an excllent machine. Don't forget early on they are the ones who help push the envelope with Bikes first 4 cyl fastest bike made. They are also out in the leading edge in a lot of catagories. So don;t be afraid to talk about other bikes to compare to our beloved Busa.
biggrin.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Any kind of bike is better than no bike at all. That's my opinion. LOL, I waved at a scooter today and the guy followed me for about a mile. I made his day. Anyways, I love my Busa and that's it for me. I have ridden so many bikes and to me it does not matter how much power it has or how fast it is, I will never try that out but to me it is so smooth and sexy. That's why I love her and look forward to riding her. She's almost perfect and will be when I am done with her.

Just my 2cents.

Paul

Any kind of bike is better than no bike at all.  That's my opinion.  LOL, I waved at a scooter today and the guy followed me for about a mile.  I made his day.  Anyways, I love my Busa and that's it for me.  I have ridden so many bikes and to me it does not matter how much power it has or how fast it is, I will never try that out but to me it is so smooth and sexy.  That's why I love her and look forward to riding her.  She's almost perfect and will be when I am done with her.

Just my 2cents.

Paul
Well I kinda agree or maybe I'm getting old enough for a Gold Wing..... But no other bike has ever fit my personality and riding style better than the busa...

There may be other bikes out there, and to be honest there's a lot of great bikes out there, including the Blackbird, which if it had a little more kick and personality would be a viable option. But it doesn't !!! So I'm gonna roll that big bodied chromed out busa till the engine rust from the inside out
laugh.gif

What are you thinking.... lets get something straight here

there is nothing out there that is like the busa.

175 hp engine

195mph of the show room floor (unrestricted models of course)

carries the crown of the fastest production bike in the world

comfort and handling

this by far is THE TOP OF THE RICE CHAIN!!!!

What are you thinking.... lets get something straight here

there is nothing out there that is like the busa.

175 hp engine

195mph of the show room floor (unrestricted models of course)

carries the crown of the fastest production bike in the world

comfort and handling

this by far is THE TOP OF THE RICE CHAIN!!!!
There is no doubt!!!

Some of the fellas here are pretty clueless so don't write in stone everything you hear first of all the Hayabusa will never need a facelift because its design is like only 50 years ahead of everything else in the market I wonder why they designed the GSXR1000 to look almost identical secondly everybody talks about linked brakes like they know what they are talking about they are the best brakes around-I used to own the XX and drove a alot of bikes and trust me if you get used to them they are unbeatable, Honda never manufactured a bike with inadequate brakes now for my Busa I wish I had those linked brakes.

Some of the fellas here are pretty clueless so don't write in stone everything you hear first of all the Hayabusa will never need a facelift because its design is like only 50 years ahead of everything else in the market I wonder why they designed the GSXR1000 to look almost identical secondly everybody talks about linked brakes like they know what they are talking about they are the best brakes around-I used to own the XX  and drove a alot of bikes and trust me if you get used to them they are unbeatable, Honda never manufactured a bike with inadequate brakes now for my Busa I wish I had those linked brakes.
Good thing we have members like you to set us clueless people straight.

I've only ever had Suzukis, I like the way they look. If Honda made the 'Busa I probably wouldn't have one. I'd have a GSXR. Hey, I'm a Chevy guy too.

As for linked braking, I don't use the back brake except when I have to take my hand off the front brake at a stop and keep from rolling. I don't like the ABS on my truck either. Seems like the manufacturers are telling us what we would like, not asking.

Passive Aggressive in the Hizouse!!!

Some of the fellas here are pretty clueless so don't write in stone everything you hear first of all the Hayabusa will never need a facelift because its design is like only 50 years ahead of everything else in the market I wonder why they designed the GSXR1000 to look almost identical secondly everybody talks about linked brakes like they know what they are talking about they are the best brakes around-I used to own the XX  and drove a alot of bikes and trust me if you get used to them they are unbeatable, Honda never manufactured a bike with inadequate brakes now for my Busa I wish I had those linked brakes.
<span style='color:orangered'>Uh Spidy</span>, Really Glad to have an expert here to set us straight,  but I rode a Blackbird for about 2 years... Linked brakes BLOW...  especially if you ride hard N fast.  Ever try a little trail braking entering or exiting a corner on the Black Bird? Spooky.  Get on the brakes hard enough to lift the rear entering a corner?  Yeah thats a treat, rear quits spinning allmost entirely and fuxurs the whole plot, howling like a jet on landing.  Lets talk about using the rear brake for tight parking lot manuevers...oh yeah thats a treat...

I don't think anyone said the brakes were inadequate, just inapropriate.  Maybe they are the best brakes for YOU, but maybe you should consider that your riding style can benefit from the supposed "help" the linked brakes provide while some others may find them downright hazardous.  

If they are such a treat why has Honda been altering the ballance of the linked braking to the point where now, there is very little "linking of the brakes".  From what I have heard they have gotten better "less linked" but I do find it odd that if they are such a "wonderful" creation nobody else has followed suit and why does Honda keeps watering them down...curious huh?

Oh and thanks for looking out for us...really useful input you have to provide...

cool.gif

tounge.gif

Indeed they do not ...

To sum up:
- A 954RR is a Fireblade
- A TVR is a VTR
- A Busa is fast
Nor Thundercat.

rock.gif
?
That's not true....the Thunderace in the US is (was) the YZF1000, only imported for one year before the R1 came out. The Thundercat is still imported to the US as the YZF600, a slightly less sporty bike than the R6.
Yeah, I like under tail exhausts too, but the whole look of the Interceptor doesn't do it for me...too many sharp, almost vertical angles. Not to mention that it weighs more than an ST1100. That's a Pan European to you folks in the UK.[/QUOTE]
NO NO, I know we go the bikes, we just didn't get to call them (insert spooky music) <span style='color:orangered'>THUNDERACE or THUNDERCAT</span>...Thats all I was saying...

Now can you tell me why the European and Canadian markets get more color choices than we usually do?
rock.gif

rock.gif

Passive Aggressive in the Hizouse!!!

<span style='color:orangered'>Uh Spidy</span>, Really Glad to have an expert here to set us straight,  but I rode a Blackbird for about 2 years... Linked brakes BLOW...  especially if you ride hard N fast.  Ever try a little trail braking entering or exiting a corner on the Black Bird? Spooky.  Get on the brakes hard enough to lift the rear entering a corner?  Yeah thats a treat, rear quits spinning allmost entirely and fuxurs the whole plot, howling like a jet on landing.  Lets talk about using the rear brake for tight parking lot manuevers...oh yeah thats a treat...

I don't think anyone said the brakes were inadequate, just inapropriate.  Maybe they are the best brakes for YOU, but maybe you should consider that your riding style can benefit from the supposed "help" the linked brakes provide while some others may find them downright hazardous.  

If they are such a treat why has Honda been altering the ballance of the linked braking to the point where now, there is very little "linking of the brakes".  From what I have heard they have gotten better "less linked" but I do find it odd that if they are such a "wonderful" creation nobody else has followed suit and why does Honda keeps watering them down...curious huh?

Oh and thanks for looking out for us...really useful input you have to provide...
Ya.....what Rev said.....I'm to clueless to form my own opinion.

I have an uncle whom I ride with all the time.
He rides a 94CBR1000 F, with.....U guessed it linked brakes.
Once in a while we swap bikes.......funny thing is he likes my brakes way better.....no kiddin around here!!!
I can't stand his.
Guess what his next mod is.........Competely removing the entire LB system and going back to conventional braking.......go figure.

cool.gif

tounge.gif

Indeed they do not ...

To sum up:
- A 954RR is a Fireblade
- A TVR is a VTR
- A Busa is fast
Nor Thundercat.

rock.gif
?
Yeah, I like under tail exhausts too, but the whole look of the Interceptor doesn't do it for me...too many sharp, almost vertical angles. Not to mention that it weighs more than an ST1100. That's a Pan European to you folks in the UK.
NO NO, I know we go the bikes, we just didn't get to call them (insert spooky music) <span style='color:orangered'>THUNDERACE or THUNDERCAT</span>...Thats all I was saying...

Now can you tell me why the European and Canadian markets get more color choices than we usually do?
rock.gif
[/QUOTE]
I know, the Euro names are pretty funny....FIREBLADE! THUNDERACE! THUNDERCAT! I've always been surprised that they don't use the NINJA monicker...it's always been GPZ900r across the pond. As for the colors, I don't know, but I am sad about that too. I'm also sad that Suzuki isn't doing the SE black for 2003. Imagine how those titanium nitrade forks would look surrounded by black on black on black....

rock.gif

Yo Rev have you ever ridden the XX how the hell could you comment about them - the 03 Busa has ti-nitride coated forks that doesn't mean the older Busas forks were poop its just a part of research and progress thats why they keep improving them thats why the XX has the highest sales because its linked brakes are "downright hazardous" as someone else said ,everybody all of a sudden became Mick (dead by June)Doohan trailing the brakes and raising the back end .
As for the people thanking me for giving them a clue anytime I am here for you guys!!

Yo Rev have you ever ridden the XX how the hell could you comment about them - the 03 Busa has ti-nitride coated forks that doesn't mean the older Busas forks were poop its just a part of research and progress thats why they keep improving them thats why the XX has the highest sales because its linked brakes are "downright hazardous" as someone else said ,everybody all of a sudden became Mick (dead by June)Doohan trailing the brakes and raising the back end .
As for the people thanking me for giving them a clue anytime I am here for you guys!!
Well well Spidey, I guess reading is a new concept as well as manners. Why don't you pack your attitude and your ass up a few lines and read my post... Then come tell me I have never ridden the Blackbird...

2003 Busa Has Nitrided Forks because it is generally recognized that this coating improves performance. You are correct, Honda has been gradually unlinking the brakes since the systems were first installed, REDUCING the linked effect. Thank you for making my point.

Never said I was Mick Doohan, thanks for the compliment though...I only wish...

And finally, re-read the posts above genious, quote me all the folks who are supporting your view and your rudeness...real nice...man are you even reading the posts?
rock.gif

__DSCN1328smllr.jpg

Back