Honda car tech in the house?

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
Family members 1989 honda dx. Driving along and it just died. It has spark.It has fuel. I'm at me wits end. I've never been beating by a mechanical thing,but this might be the first.

Thoughts/suggestions...

Thanks folks,

RSD.

Check to see if it jumped time. When was the last time the timing belt was changed? Back in my younger years I had a civic that did this exact thing and it had jumped time.

Check to see if it jumped time. When was the last time the timing belt was changed? Back in my younger years I had a civic that did this exact thing and it had jumped time.

X2. Not too Honda savvy but if the timings good I'd be looking at cam and crank sensors

Agreed!

Too funny,that was my nephew's first idea...I said..."Naaa,couldn't be." :laugh: One timing belt adjutment coming right up. If she flashes up,I'll shut her down imediately and toss in a new one. (we dont want spend anything we dont have too,the car is a bit of a roach).

Thanks men,will update you later.

O,I'm guessing this is a lower compression,non-intrusive motor?

Rubb.

I'm also liking timing, had an OHV Mopar stop like that on a downshift. Another check: check oil level, may have low oil protection? I ran into that with a Honda before (not a car)when I built a log splitter with a new Honda red & white. Fine line.

Well I wasted a several hours on it today instead of riding my new Busa.

I quit. :laugh:

I give,it wins.

RSD.

towel.jpg

Back